Contract United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF): National Consultant Production of Education Media Materials Vacancy
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) – For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The Job :National Consultant Production of Education Media Materials
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 513070
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of the Consultancy
- The purpose of this consultancy is to produce audio materials that will be used for advocacy; awareness creation and capacity building of pre-primary school teachers; educators, policy makers, parents and communities.
- The materials will focus on two main areas of content: i) promoting play based learning in pre-primary education; and ii) promoting increased demand for education for out-of-school children especially girls in Bauchi, Niger, Kano, Katsina, Sokoto and Zamfara States.
Scope of Work
- The tasks under this consultancy will deliver products that will promote the right to education for all children and its attendant benefits. It contributes to the achievement of outcome 5 of the current CPD.
- The task will be divided into two streams: Stream one contributes to output 5.2 of the education programme: Teachers have requisite competencies and use proven teaching approaches and methodologies to deliver appropriate quality education to children and adolescents in target states. Stream two contributes to output 5.3 of the education programme: Parents and communities have improved knowledge and commitment to contribute to enrolling children at the right age in quality learning in safe and protective school environments.
Focus of the Assignment
The consultant will be supervised by the two Education Specialist, ECD and Access while working closely with the UNICEF Field Office (FO) education staff and government implementing partners in Abuja and five states listed above to produce:
- Ten (10) 30-45 second play based learning advocacy Radio Spots
- Two (2) 60 second live action advocacy videos reinforcing some of the above radio messages.
- Three (3) 5-8-minute live action videos on classroom play based activities and approaches with teachers and pupils in a public pre-primary classroom in Abuja.
- 5-6, 30 minute endorsements /documentaries with Emirs.
- 5-6 high, 30 minute endorsements /documentaries with 5-6 high level northern Nigerian women role models.
- advocating for education and the importance of enrolling children into school especially girls.
- Consultant will work with a team of production crew members such as actors, sound engineers, producers and so on to deliver on this task.
- This will include all logistics related to production and transportation to productions sites in Abuja and the five states mentioned earlier and in the table below.
- Document or Script with 10 messages translated in 7 languages
- Ten (10) 30-45 seconds Radio Spots with advocacy messages on the importance of play and brain development in pre-primary education.
- Two (2), 60 second live action videos for global advocacy on importance of play in pre-primary education reinforcing some of the messages in the radio spots (including script)
- Â Three (3) 8-5-minute live action videos on classroom play based activities and approaches (including scripts)
- 40 CDs, 40 flash drives and 40 SD cards with Radio Spots
- 40 CDs, 40 flash drives and 40 SD cards with two 60 second videos and three 5-8 minute play based videos
- 5-6 endorsements /documentaries with 5-6 high level northern Emir.
- 40 CDs, 40 flash drives, 40 SD cards with 5-6 Emir Documentaries
- 5-6 endorsements /documentaries with 5-6 high level northern women role models
- 40 CDs, 40 flash drives, 40 SD cards with 5-6 documentaries with women role models
- 2 external drive containing raw footages of recordings from work stream 1 and 2.
- Consultancy report for Work stream 1
- Consultancy report for Work stream 2
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Degree in any Social Sciences such as Theatre Arts, Communications, English or any related field.
- At least 8 years of experience demonstrated experience in Radio and television production, management and logistics.
- Experience in developing radio and television scripts
- Excellent experience in managing radio and television productions including actors, studio engineers.
- Ability to work with people especially High level persons, teachers and children.
- Use of high quality production equipment of international standards
- Have crew members that are familiar with the northern Nigerian context and public primary school contexts.
- Have crew members with excellent Hausa and English skills (Spoken and written).
- Fluency in English language and writing skills. Producer and crew members with
How To Apply