Full-time Stanbic IBTC Bank: Relationship Manager, Private Banking Recruitment
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa’s financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
The Job : Relationship Manager, Private Banking
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 27145
Location: Lagos Mainland
Job Sector: Banking
- To develop and maintain a portfolio of important revenue generating client relationships within the defined affluent market segment.
- As the primary point of contact for affluent clients, PBRMs sell, deliver and provide on-going service for a broad range of fee income and retail banking and investment products and services appropriate to affluent client.
- Sales – 4 NTB accounts/week/RM, which translates to 16 NTB accounts per month and 192 per year.
- Accountable for developing and implementing an integrated customer marketing plan, which addresses wealth creation, wealth preservation, wealth enhancement and lifestyle enhancement ; this is achieved through an in-depth analysis of the clients balance sheet so as to identify opportunities and match these opportunities to products/ solutions provided by the group.
- Monitor the delivery of different groups (Wealth, Lending, and Transactional) as well as other specialist product and service providers against customer plan.
- Grow portfolio profitability through the utilisation of available multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
- Manage customer migration between segments, sub–segments and the Private Banking business.
- Proactively and timeously identifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
- Understands clients risk profile and maximises the ‘risk vs. reward’ balance for individual clients by optimising product mix.
- Provides personalised services to clients.Cross selling products to existing business customers and prospects and makes referrals to branches and other lines of business as appropriate.
- Comply with rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry.
- Achievement of relationship manager sales budget
- Growth / Volume – Customer acquisition and retention
- Client profitability and Risk Management.
- Cross-sell existing bank and group financial product and services to obtain greater share of wallet.
- Execution of customer plan.
- Resuscitate, retain and increase revenues from dormant, current and new private banking relationships.
- Manage and own relationships with up to 200 clients in portfolio.
- Job is largely a sales and marketing role with much time spent out marketing with a fair amount of travel for presentations and marketing of banks product and services.
- Maintain close contacts with clients in the portfolio to establish an intimate knowledge of client’s needs.
- Build incredible internal network within the group, to ensure the synergies and teamwork needed to maximise sales opportunities and optimise service delivery.
- Develop strong partnership with Transactional bankers and rest of suite team to ensure excellent and seamless service.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- A First degree or equivalent in any discipline and relevant professional certification in Banking, Business and Finance such as Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB) from the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN).
- A Master’s degree in Business/Finance or its equivalent would be an advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years relevant banking experience, preferably in a customer facing role and strong relationship management.
- A 1st degree is essential and a 2nd degree or a professional qualification in a related area will provide a sound foundation upon which job experience can be built.
- Must demonstrate hands-on experience in investment banking and Portfolio/Investment Management
- Customer Relationship Management
- Sales Planning
- Cross-selling Skills
- Business Development
- Portfolio/Investment Management
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Negotiation Skills
- Business and Financial Advisory
- Knowledge of Asset Management Products
- Customer Needs Identification
- Credit Analysis
- E-Channel Management
- Influencing Skills
- Probing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence.
How To Apply