Full-time Senior Manager – IFRS Specialist at Ernst & Young (EY)
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
The Job : Senior Manager – IFRS Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: NIG00031
- Within the IFRS Desk you will have a substantive specialised role. As an IFRS expert, you will give your advice on the current and new IFRS standards
- This may be a result of a planned transaction or as part of the auditing on the interim reports or the financial statements. You will also closely follow the IFRS developments and translate them into the concrete impact for our clients
- The purpose of your role is that you are an expert in all IFRS matters and you are the point of contact within our office for all questions related to advice.
- You have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
As a Senior Manager IFRS Desk, your main responsibilities include:
- As an IFRS specialist you will work together with our IFRS community in further strengthening our IFRS Desk team.
- You will act as a subject matter expert regarding all IFRS related questions and support our clients and audit teams with their IFRS reporting, projects and questions.
- You will monitor IFRS developments and make an impact analysis on reporting, systems, processes and people.
- You will proactively provide substantive publications, follow-up on developments and external publications relating to IFRS.
- You will actively point out improvement possibilities to raise effectiveness and efficiency of the work processes.
- You will stay up to date on all relevant changes in the IFRS landscape and actively share this knowledge in order to support the continuous development of your colleagues.
- You are comfortable in giving IFRS related presentations not only internally to EY people but also externally to our clients.
We seek for a colleague with a critical mind and a large dose of perseverance and can work independently. In addition, you need to possess the following:
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Accounting or Finance related courses
- Must have ACA, ACCA
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience within the domain of IFRS
- Extensive IFRS experience, having an understanding of IFRS and appreciation for the risks in applying and financial reporting implications of IFRS
- Ability to identify IFRS problem areas in a set of financial statements / fact pattern and to recommend solutions
- Open minded, decisive, strong business mindset & flexible
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills relating to consultations, discussion papers and opinions as well as clearly documenting / explaining review
- Has the ability to work autonomously and with minimal guidance, but also knowing when to escalate issues encountered
- Working in groups / teams with a focus on developing team members in the process
- Ability to research issues at a detailed level and having enthusiasm for tackling complex issues
- Excellent facilitation skills (including presentation style) and ability to answer questions
- Experience in working with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power Point
- Excellent management skills of a business unit
- Strong communication skills allowing discussions within the team as well as with audit teams and clients.
- An intellectually challenging role within a leading international firm
- As part of our IFRS team, we will not only further develop your technical expertise but also offer the opportunity to develop on a personal level as well
- A flexible working environment with the ability to manage your projects independently
- An interesting salary package.
How To Apply