Full-time Sellafield Energy: Rigger Recruitment
Sellafield Energy Resources Limited is a leading provider of resources and services to Nigeria’s energy sectors. The company has within a short time emerged as a reference point in the sourcing and provision of personnel, technology, equipment and general materials, amongst other critical resources to our growing number of clients in oilfields and power plants operations.
The Job :Rigger
Job Status: SSCE
- We are currently seeking an experienced and highly-skilled rigger to join our hardworking team. In this role, you will demonstrate your experience and expertise alongside others who take the profession seriously and are committed to a safe work environment.
- You will ensure that all loads and equipment are lifted and set properly, demonstrating consistent commitment to safety at all times.
- You will work as part of the team, ensuring our operation runs smoothly and on schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all machinery is set, aligned, and leveled
- Attach and detach loads properly
- Communicate with all team members effectively
- Ensure that you are in compliance with all safety rules and regulations
- Monitor and maintain all rigging equipment to ensure safety
- Report all safety concerns/issues to management immediately
- Safely and properly attach and utilize all pulley and block systems
- Set up and break down necessary equipment
- Fabricate job-specific systems as needed
- Properly select gear for the job
- Maintain control of all loads at all times
- Maneuver loads through difficult and confined spaces
- Work cooperatively with erection team to meet requirements
- Minimum of SSCE certificate or equivalent
- Significant work experience as a rigger, 2+ years minimum
- Familiar with all necessary safety equipment
- Able to assess each load and select proper equipment for the job
- Solid working knowledge of all rigging equipment
- Able to inspect rigging equipment to ensure it is in good working order
- Experienced with crane assembly and disassembly
- Solid math skills for calculating load requirements
- Physically capable of working in demanding conditions
- Excellent vision and hearing
- Not afraid of heights or climbing ladders, scaffolding, etc.
- Reliable and hardworking, with a team-player attitude
How To Apply
Applicants should end CVs to [email protected]