Full-time Save the Children: Awards Officer Recruitment
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Job : Awards Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Awards Officer will be working closely with local partners for regular financial monitoring and compliance of local partners across North East Nigerian Humanitarian.
- Key areas of accountability are sub-award management and monitoring and have a role in partner capacity building.
- The Awards Officer will also support Awards unit with AMS audit and documentation follow up.
Key Areas of Accountability
- Work with other program staffs to ensure sufficient review and timely validation of partner periodic reports.
- Support Awards (Grant) Unit to ensure all implementing partners undergo capacity assessment prior to commencing work with Save the Children and during program implementation and are engaged with appropriate effective monitoring systems so that partner delivery meets donor expectations and requirements.
- Work with program staff to ensure relevant donor requirements are effectively communicated and understood by implementing partners.
- Ensure that all adequate partner attachments are uploaded on Award Management System (AMS) and are retained as part of the award audit trail.
- Support on Award Management System documentation audits.
- Work with program managers to ensure that partners meet project objectives and minimum standards in accordance with SCI policies.
- Support with the review of Partner budgets and agreements prior to approvals.
Requirements, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field, individual with practical experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years post-NYSC experience within finance & sub-award unit preferably with international organizations.
- Relevant experience in assessment and remote monitoring of partners.
- Knowledge about core elements of financial compliance and accountability standards.
- Familiarity with humanitarian assistance and long-term development work in order to communicate effectively with partners.
- Knowledge of finance and operational controls in regards to cash transfer programming.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English.
- Has previous working experience working in Humanitarian response.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
How To Apply