Full-time Sales Application Engineer at Cummins Nigeria
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
The Job : Sales Application Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Req ID: 180003H8
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Professional – Experienced
- Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas. Supports projects in the identification and understanding of client requirements to develop technical specifications, implement designs, and deliver high performance, low-cost equipment and system results integrated with customers’ solutions. Interfaces with sales and marketing teams to design and deliver client solutions.
- Develops and delivers training on client applications.
- Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects with minimal supervision.
- Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
- Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
- Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
- Influences at department or program management level.
- Provides input on program-related decisions.
- Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages applications expertise on other projects.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
- Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, University, or equivalent degree in Engineering required. Advanced degrees are preferred.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required, such as responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
- Product Knowledge – Knowledge of products and product lines. Able to represent the features and benefits of the products in terms a customer will understand. Knowledge of how the product functions and the technology used.
- Cross-Functional Design Review – Able to carry out and coordinate a cross-functional design review at an advanced level and in a wide range of work situations without guidance. Able to train and coach others in developing and applying cross-functional design review on a limited basis.
- Product Validation – Includes the ability to install, setup, calibrate, and operate the equipment associated with testing in accordance with standard procedures and customer requirement. Is expected to understand the concepts of rating engines and driven components such as cooling systems, alternators, etc., and be able to use this knowledge to determine the rating of a product under various conditions.
- Analyze Issues – Solid understanding of how to analyze issues. Demonstrates use of analysis skills to learn and analyze information in a timely way. Understands complex concepts and problems and identifies how they relate to key processes. Applies accurate logic in solving problems.
- Manage Customer Relationships – Uses appointment tracking system, documents call plans, meeting notes and action items. Has established rapport, delivered on commitments, and developed a positive relationship with customers.
How To Apply