Full-time Plant Breeder at WACOT Limited
WACOT Limited is a part of TGI Group and we are well diversified into Agro-Allied, manufacturing and trading operations. Our team is committed to developing highly rewarding careers while making contributions in our communities.
If like us you are passionate about agriculture and dedicated to its growth in our country, then we want you to join our team.
The Job : Plant Breeder
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
As jobholder, you will be responsible for strengthening breeding program in WACOT seeds and contribute to releasing WACOT seed varieties.
- Setting up research trials data analysing and interpreting results
- Coordinating with research institutes for varietal release process
- Conducting Field trials to assess germplasm
- Staff training on data collection and analysis
- Identifying desirable traits to improve seed through genetic variation
- Advance knowledge of plant breeding techniques
- Manage support and train technical staff
- Writing technical publication and reports
- Selecting parent plant for cross breeding
- Liaising with commercial plant breeders, scientists and funding bodies (IAR, IITA, NCRI)
- Monitor activities of competitors and setting product profile in the market
- Hybrid seed production in Maize, cotton and rice
- MSc in Plant Breeding or related Agricultural field
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in plant breeding in Maize and Rice crop
- Knowledge of seed varietal assessment trials
- Excellent ability in presentating scientific information and findings
- Budgeting and planning experience will be a plus
How To Apply