Full-time Philip Morris International: Commercial Business Partner Vacancy
Philip Morris International Inc (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with six of the world’s top 15 brands including the number one cigarette brand worldwide. PMI’s products are sold in more than 180 markets. We are here to give you a view #insidePMI. We are not here to promote our brands/products.
The Job : Commercial Business Partner
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Are you solution driven with exceptional analytical and communication skills? Are you passionate about your development and would like to expand your international business knowledge? Philip Morris Limited is currently seeking a talented, experienced and business-savvy professional to join as its Commercial Business Partner. This is a unique opportunity to join a world-class multinational company where you can be part of driving the cultural transformation from brand-centric to a consumer-centric organization by acting as a key link between the finance department and the business.
Purpose of the Role
The role of Commercial Business Partner takes on a relatively challenging and/or complex portfolio and focuses on understanding the business and its drivers, what needs to be accomplished, planning action to deliver these goals, getting the right people to the discussion table and driving focus of senior stakeholders in achieving proactive and cost-effective management of the business. You will support the commercial function with key management information and act as its business partner by preparing financial analysis, forecasts and reports.
• Aid business performance planning. Take ownership and lead evaluation of selected commercial activities as agreed with Commercial Director
• Partner with the Commercial Director, Marketing Head and their teams to drive operating performance & act as champion for pricing, preparation of sales plan/estimation of revenue to marginal contribution, bottom-up budgets etc.
• Support management of distributor relationships, prepare and analyse the channel profitability, Distributor profitability and invoicing, Distributor financing, Credit control, Channel and Regional profitability, Brand and SKU profitability.
• Budget Control to ensure that sales/costs are in line with agreed limits/targets. Make sure that the required action is communicated to the budget responsible persons and ensuring appropriate sign off for any expenditure in excess of budget.
• Implement and Monitor the Promotion Evaluation Process. Support Sales and Marketing team to prepare the Promo Evaluation dashboard.
• Keep track of all business development related activities, especially in the areas of Margin Analysis, Trade and Marketing spend, overhead and currency fluctuation.
• Analyze the product portfolio and recommend/facilitate course of actions (replace/improve) for any value destroying SKUs
• Actively manage accrual process, help improve accrual accuracy and minimize surprises near key reporting points
• Monthly review of accuracy and completeness of trade spend and marketing spend accruals and educate sales management and sales administrator on financial acumen of PM Finance
• Ensure commercial function maintains a high degree of compliance with PMI standards/guidelines especially in relation to procurement activities
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance, or similar majors (MBA preferred)
• Minimum 7 years’ extensive experience in the finance, with minimum 3 years in commercial finance
• Preferably a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
• Strong analytical skills, good understanding of systems, processes and work-flows, financial models, combined with business acumen
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Experience with multinational FMCG is highly desirable
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to quickly absorb and apply new information
• Agile and proactive approach to work
• An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
• Ability to balance being a team player and working unaided using your own initiative
How To Apply