Contract Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC): Education Technical Assistant Recruitment
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the camp management, shelter, education, food security, legal assistance, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
The Job : Education Technical Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Education Technical Assistant – Maiduguri Nigerian National Only
Education Technical Assistant (Nigerian Nationals Only) – Norwegian Refugee Council
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the programme portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Monitor and review the overall commodity movements such as project deliveries, storage, transport and distribution at the site and verify if the amounts received, distributed and losses have been properly recorded.
- Supervise the distribution of project supplies at the project sites and ensure proper distribution of entitlements and verify appropriate entitlements are distributed to beneficiaries
- Review document and processes which authorize distribution. Ensure that an approved procedure is followed in the registration and selection of beneficiaries and ensures that distribution list is accurately consolidated
- Ensure timely supply of teaching learning and recreational materials in the schools
- Support teachers and children to initiate activities in learning centres that meet the psycho-social needs of the displaced children and teachers.
- In consultation with the Project officer and teachers facilitate the running of sports/recreational and psycho-social activities in learning centres
- Lead in mobilization and sensitization of community members on importance of education in collaboration with Parent Teachers Association, local administration and the Ministry of education.
- Carry out registration of learners in established communities and learning spaces in collaboration with local leaders, teachers and Parent Teachers Association.
- Ensure schools and learning spaces NRC is working are safe for children. Protect children and all the project beneficiaries against any form of exploitation
- Ensure Complains response mechanism is in place in schools and persons of concern receive feedback.
- At least 1 year experience in similar positions
- Education degree or similar field
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with community at grass root level
- Experience working in Ministry of Education system is preferred
- High level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Knowledge of the context in North East Nigeria
- Knowledge in Community Mobilization or related field.
- Knowledge of the Local languages is an advantage.
- Education title: Bachelors’ degree or equivalent
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
- Commencement: August 2018
- Duration: 7 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions (Grade Level 4 Step 1)
- Duty stations: Maiduguri, Borno State – North East Nigeria with 30% frequent travels. Travel outside duty stations is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
How To Apply