Full-time Nigerian Bottling Company Limited: Laboratory Technician Vacancy
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited, member of the Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) – anchor bottler for Coca-Cola with the franchise to bottle Coca-Cola products in 28 countries. We bottle Coca-Cola products in Nigeria, offering iconic non-alcoholic beverages such as: Coca-Cola, Fanta , Sprite, Schweppes and Limca in the sparkling beverage category; and 5 Alive and Eva in the still beverage category.
The Job : Laboratory Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The Nigerian Bottling Company is seeking to recruit a Laboratory Technician. The Laboratory Technician will report to the Process Control manager .The role comprises supporting Brand protection and food safety through implementation and assurance of compliance to all company specified standards. To support plant packaging and raw material management program.
Duties and responsibilities of the position include;
- To ensure adequate process monitoring and control on production lines, carry out all quality related
- tests and document all tests results appropriately.
- Ensure all critical control points identified are monitored at required frequency and critical limits are not exceeded.
- To ensure that all beverage tests: brix, carbonation, taste, appearance, date code, crown crimp, torque, residual ozone, methyl alkalinity, total chlorine, residual chlorine ,nitrate, turbidity, chlorine, hardness, total dissolved solids, drop test, fill height and net content are correctly performed and at the right frequency as stated in the sop/work aid/work instruction and meet TCC requirements.
- Monitor and ensure ccps critical limits are not exceeded at asebi and filler) to carry out incoming inspection on all raw and packaging materials ( co2 crowns, glass bottles, preforms, caps , labels, stretch and shrink films etc) and ensure any material that does not conform to specifications is rejected accordingly.
- To ensure that all laboratory test reagents are available and fit for use to ensure that all bottling equipment are inspected before and during bottling operations and inform management of any malfunction in light on the negative impact on product quality.
- To ensure that the appropriate corrective actions are taken in cases where out of specification results are obtained.
- To monitor the performance and ensure the validation of asebi at required frequencies and corrective action taken if any abnormalities.
- To ensure non-conforming products are quarantined without delay and to ensure the safety of self and others while carrying out duties.
- To monitor all the sighters while carrying out their duties and to ensure the use of personnel protection equipment in the work area.
- To ensure good housekeeping status of all the equipment and environment associated with the lab, filling and bottling halls.Monitoring of all identified ccps and oprps in there work area and alert immediately management when critical limits are exceeded.
- Ensure the compliance to good manufacturing practice, food safety practice, good environmental, occupational health and safety practices in all line activities.
- Achieve plant water use ratio of , achieve plant solid waste ratio , solid plant waste recycled , zero
- work related , zero lost time work related injuries.
- Implementation and monitoring of all laboratory checks to CCH and/or Coca Cola standards and frequency including raw materials.
- Conduct Quality checks as per Quality Plan as and when required, responsible for the administration of all chemical and/or microbiological requirements.
- Ability to input all data to SAP.
- Detention of all non-conforming product, analysis of same, generation of and implementation of outcome, and reporting of each to the Plant Manager.
- Implementation of corrective actions generated from day-to-day activities including Quality results, consumer complaints, microbiological trends etc.
- Assurance of the effective activation of all activities required to deliver the required standards of the plant hygiene program through the establishment, implementation and monitoring of the compliance to the plant microbiological program.
- Generation and timely submission of all reports and documents as required by management, including stock control, corrective action report generation.
- HACCP program support.
- Reporting / Analysis of QA Technician compliance to the Process Control Manager .
- Manage line raw material and ingredient trial process.
- Manage continuous improvement projects relating to Quality.
- Support development and execution of plant Calibration program.
- Generate Statistical Process Control Studies.
- Contribute to the development of the Coca Cola Quality System.
- Conduct audits as per schedule & sustainability requirements.
- Conduct all continuous improvement initiatives relating to the Sustainability function as and when required.
- Conduct all duties relating to this role as and when required.
Educational qualification and required skills
- Minimum of B.sc Microbiology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or its equivalent.
- Minimum of Three (3) years experience within a food/ drinks production environment.
- Previous experience of Quality risk analysis/management or Experience of working in a microbiological laboratory.
- Statistical Process Control Trained.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work three (3) shift pattern.
- Work unsupervised within a team environment.
- Problem solving ability.
- Influencing skills.
- Knowledge of HACCP Principles
How To Apply