Full-time Malaria Consortium: Surveillance and Operational Research Specialist Recruitment
Malaria Consortium is one of the world’s leading non-profit organisations specialising in the comprehensive prevention, control and treatment of malaria and other communicable diseases among vulnerable and under privileged populations. We increasingly find our work on malaria can be effectively integrated with other similar public health interventions for greater impact and therefore expanded our remit to include child health and neglected tropical disease interventions.
The Job : Surveillance and Operational Research Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Type: Fixed Term
- The Surveillance and Operational Research Specialist will provide technical inputs (M&E design, statistical and analytical support), as well as other M&E support such as strengthening of M&E standards and quality in all project output areas.
- In addition, he/she will contribute to the learning agenda, particularly in surveillance and operational research, working closely with the other technical experts in the project.
- The position holder will directly contribute to performance monitoring against the project logframe and provide technical assistance on key results measurement work including surveys.
- The position holder will contribute to evidence base and support (and lead as appropriate) peer-reviewed publications, technical reports, conferences and presentations.
The successful candidate will have:
- Postgraduate degree in epidemiology, statistics or public health
- At least 8 years working in M&E role with an excellent understanding of surveillance and operational research approaches
- Good qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience in survey design, implementation, analysis, and report-writing
- Demonstrated experience of working in a team of experts delivering specialized TA services
- Experience with establishing, monitoring and assessing infectious disease surveillance systems
- Previous public health sector experience in sub-Saharan Africa countries.
- Significant experience in evaluation design and implementation of large-scale project M&E systems
- Familiarity with Health Management Information Systems (HMIS) in Low and Middle Income countries e.g. DHIS2
- Experience in setting up standards of quality as well as internal quality assurance mechanisms.
How To Apply