Full-time MainOne Cable Nigeria: Network Performance & Assurance Engineer Recruitment
MainOne’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
The Job : Network Performance & Assurance Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos CLS
Reporting Line: Senior Manager, Network Operations
Job Type: Permanent
- Performs proactive monitoring of network elements metrics and alarms to identify those components /elements that may lead to or already are causing network degradation or failure, accomplishes this through use of network management system(s) and associated monitoring tools.
- Actively monitor, track, analyze, and report deviation on core devices and backhauls to ensure proactive problem identification and service availability. This includes event monitoring and quality of service assurance.
- Prepare report for all Core network elements daily, weekly, monthly etc and review the reports to ensure the efficiency of the Core Network system.
- Perform examination of trouble tickets to identify positive and negative trends occurring in the network and develop courses of actions.
- Performs fault isolation and degradation diagnostic/assessment functions to include root cause determination and suggestion of corrective action(s).
- Organize meeting with respective department to highlight issues and follow-up the corrective action for different Core Network Elements.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure optimum dissemination of information and network efficiency.
- Coordinate with required teams to accept new services into operations.
- Providing technical and functional support to the GNOC
- Undertake in any other adhoc activity as assigned by the GNOC Service desk Manager.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc/HND. in Information Technology/Computer Science/Electrical & Electronics engineering.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Network monitoring including WAN/LAN technology knowledge, firewall and end-to-end performance monitoring.
- SDH, GPON, Wireless links and Metro Ethernet network performance analysis experience.
- Expertise with routing, network security, TCP/IP and associated protocols.
- Hands on experience with Network monitoring tools including Nagios, Intermapper, Netboss and related tools.
- Fundamentals of Ubiquiti radio, Ceragon radio, Dragon Wave radio troubleshooting are required
- Knowledge of U2000, CeraMap, AirControl etc. is required
- Customer Service Management
- Good knowledge of ITIL Lifecycle
- Good knowledge of MS office application.
- Positive and proactive approach, including follow-up to ensure success and support from all impacted areas and team members
- Must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, proactive, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
Demand on the Job:
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Good research skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong commitment to excellence
- Innovation and creativity
- Result orientated.
How To Apply