Full-time Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC): Tax Supervisor Vacancy
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc (Ikeja Electric), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network powers lives and businesses with innovation and unwavering drive for excellence. The company began its new phase of growth and expansion on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
The Job : Tax Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reporting To: Head, Management Accounting, Tariff and Taxation
- Will be responsible for overseeing all tax related activities
- Pay-As-You-Earn (PAYE)
- Liaise with the Human Resource department to ensure correctness of PAYE computation.
- Liaise with the Treasury unit to ensure timely remittance of PAYE.
- Follow up with the relevant tax authorities on the collection of PAYE receipts.
- Ensure timely filing of annual PAYE returns.
- Follow up on the collection of E-tcc cards for the staff.
Withholding Tax (WHT):
- Liaise with the treasury and other business units to ensure correctness of WHT deductions
- Ensure timely remittances of WHT deductions.
- Follow up on collection and disbursement of credit notes.
Value Added Tax (VAT):
- Ensure correct computation of VAT.
- Ensure timely remittance of VAT.
- Ensure timely filing of VAT returns
Company Income Tax (CIT):
- Ensure correctness of annual tax computation.
- Ensure timeliness of CIT filing.
- Participating in the various tax audits
- Ensure timely provision of information required for the tax audits.
- Attending to various issues arising from the tax audit.
- Be up to date on all tax laws, enactments and advising the company on the implications.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head Management accounting, tariffs & taxation and Head of Department
- This role requires a first degree or its equivalent diploma qualification in Finance & Accounts
- Requires between 4-6 years relevant work experience in an audit/tax firm
- Excellent knowledge of tax laws, tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge and experiences in accounting.
- Have strong and flexible mentoring skills
- Ability to organize and analyse financial information.
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to present a professional business image to customers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible to learn.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Innovative Thinking
How To Apply