Full-time IHS Towers: Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager Vacancy
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
The Job : Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports To: Group Head, HSE
- As HSE Manager, you will implement and enforce IHS’s Corporate HSE policy and procedures to ensure operations are conducted in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with relevant legislation and company and client requirements.
- You will address all office and site safety issues as required, including implementation of current procedures in place.
- You will also have authority to stop any unsafe operation, where immediate corrective action cannot be implemented.
- Develop a positive HSE culture in the organization, ensuring clear accountability, responsibility, skills, and knowledge.
- Identify workplace hazards and proffer appropriate mitigation of risks in the organization.
- Enforce the use of prescribed personal protective equipment on all operations sites.
- Support, influence and encourage employees to deliver a consistent, continuously improving and sustainable HSE programme in the regions, by implementing safe systems of work at the work site including carrying out risk assessments, ensuring compliance to regulatory requirements and adherence to procedures, and communicating these to the workforce.
- Gather data and prepare reports for Investors’ Reports and other reports as required.
- Participate in accident and near-miss investigations and ensure prompt reporting of accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions, as well as their analyses.
- Ensure contractors are managed in line with Company and Regulatory requirements
- Ensure prompt close out of all corrective actions from incidents, audits, clients’ and/ or customers’ inspections and/ or complaints.
- Organize and plan all HSE events in conjunction with relevant departments
Education & Experience
- Membership of a relevant professional body (ISPON, NES, IOSH, IIRSM etc.)
- 5 – 8 years HSE experience with minimum 2 years in management position
- Relevant training and certification (any of NEBOSH, OSHAS 18000, ISO 14001, ISPON, IOSH, IIRSM, OSHAcademy, NSC etc.)
- Working knowledge of and experience in HSE Management System
- Fluent in English, both written and oral communication skills.
- Administrative skills including proficiency in typical office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- A team player with experience at senior or management level, able to communicate with and influence peers, and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.