Full-time Graduate Facility and Admin Officer at Terragon Group
Terragon Group – We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
The Job : Graduate Facility and Admin Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Initiate and coordinate the implementation of approved administration policies and procedures
- Ensure the office premises in all Terragon Holding’s locations are hazard free for all employee and clients, to ensure no litigation or any such associated issues arise for Terragon
- Identify and advise management on analysis of the demand/forecasts on office space, work tools, and other procurement needs of the different units or departments
- Ensure an atmosphere of cordiality and effective conflict management process
- Develop and implement facility Maintenance policy for staff
- Ensure proper maintenance of company machineries and assets (company pool vans, generators, fleet) servicing, fault calls and repair.
- Carry out daily checks on company machinery and report faults or maintenance issues if need be. Ensure all company machinery are serviced when due, and prompt repair carried out when the need arise.
- Notify in writing, any loss and or damage to the company machinery, property or assets
- Design and implement processes for Fleet/pool management
- Ensure necessary licenses and permits are renewed as at when due – normally half yearly and yearly
- Ensure the purchase of quality and good measure of fuel for company plant/generators.
- Ensure uninterrupted services and prompt payment of bills (electricity, diesel, telephone, internet, and water consumption bills) and insurance premiums. Ensure prompt renewal of insurance premiums on office assets
- Oversee the process of making insurance claims, as the need may arise
- Ensure necessary renewals are made before expiration of rent.
- Ensure necessary renewal notice is collected from Landlord/Agent.
- Take part in negotiations with Landlord/Agent on any increase in rent and other charges as it affects the company.
- Ensure necessary official rent receipt are taken for record purpose.
- Oversee the sourcing, procurement and distribution of Office Equipment and supplies used in the running of day-day operations
- Approve requisitions for equipment, materials, and supplies within limits of the budget
- Ensure necessary office stationaries are supplied to staff as requested, in a timely manner and in compliance with requisition processes
- Keep proper inventory of Office consumables, ensure optimisation and minimise wastage
- Assist in developing processes to ensure effective education and training of staff on safety and health measures
- Support in developing the processes aimed at reducing exposure to work place hazards
- Facilitate employee health awareness programmes
- Assists staff members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Provide detailed itinerary for staff travels
- Ensure approvals for travel and accommodation have been obtained.
- Negotiate travel supply arrangements with agency or agencies and liaise to ensure service levels are maintained
- Manage client relationship with 3rd party service providers such as: suppliers, vendors etc. to ensure value for money , guided by defined service level agreements and standards
- Supervise the activities of essential support services such as mail management and dispatch, cleaning, catering, security, waste disposal, official residences, archiving, recycling etc. in a cost efficient manner.
- Minimum of B.Sc. in Business Administration or a related field.
- 1 -2 years’ experience as an Administrative Officer in an ICT/Service provisioning environment
- Excellent observation skills
- Good organizing, multi-tasking and negotiation skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, tight timelines, multiple priorities in a fast-moving, constantly changing environment
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
- Very good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Highly developed, demonstrated teamwork skills
- Strong oral and written interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Administrative skills
- Cost and quality control skills
- Proficiency in filing and record keeping
- Facilities management competency
- Vast knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Competency in contract and service level agreement management
- Procurement and market intelligence competency
- Quality Management competency
How To Apply
Applicants should forward their CV’s to: [email protected]