Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Operations Specialist Recruitment
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
The Job : Operations Specialist
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Requisition code: NG153421VA
Direct Report: Director, Finance, Operations and Compliance
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Operations Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities at the project office in Abuja and managing the Operations Team (HR Manager, Admin Assistants, and Procurement Specialist, etc.).
- Mostly, this individual should delegate tasks effectively and manage project personnel and resources so that all project operations can run smoothly.
- Oversee office operations and day-to-day activities in an organized fashion, and effectively manage the Operations Team, which consists of the HR Manager, Procurement Specialist, Administrative Assistant(s), and any other personnel deemed necessary by project leadership, to ensure all tasks are being addressed and handled properly
- Delegate tasks to members of the Operations Team and consistently check in with them to ensure progress and assist where needed. As part of this, the Office Manager will ultimately be held accountable for the successful competition of work by the Operations Team.
- Liaise with project leadership and technical leads to ensure their operational and logistics needs are met.
- Schedule and coordinate All-Hands team meetings and be the owner/enforcer of all office procedures (i.e., timesheet submissions, leave requests, performance evaluation meetings, general office space expectations, etc.).
- During flux times where workload is high, fill in where needed on the Operations Team to make sure day-to-day activities can continue to run smoothly or project leadership to see what additional support they require
- Applicants into senior roles are expected to have either a minimum of either an MS/MA/MBA with at least 6 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 7 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 8 years of experience.
- For junior roles, applicants are expected to have a minimum of either an MS/MA/MBA, a BS/BA degree or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 3 years of experience.
- Skills with use of Microsoft Word Office Suite, such as Word and Excel
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Collaborative worker and team building ability
- Experience with advanced computer systems, such as Oracle, Sales force, HTML
- Able to work under a flexible schedule
- Knowledge of content management systems
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
- At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How To Apply