Full-time Deloitte Nigeria: Events & Training Coordinator Recruitment
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 263,900 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
The Job : Events & Training Coordinator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Requisition code: NG153393VA
Direct Report: PMO/Results Management Lead
Business Unit: General
- Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector.
- Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access.
- Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
- The Training and Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing training and other public events which programme hosts, attends, or participates.
- They will ensure all training and events meet client requirements, are fully conceptualized, and contribute to the successful implementation of the Project’s Work Plan
Logistics and Planning for Training and Events:
- Organize, negotiate, and book travel and accommodations, including meal services, IT services, and other materials or incidentals needed to host, attend, or participate in a conference
- Maintain master travel and events calendar for project which includes all planned travel and events
- Coordinate with other entities hosting, attending, or participating in training and events to ensure proper attendance and public awareness of the event
- Work with the Communications Advisor to appropriately communicate or market the training or event to potential beneficiaries, sponsors, or cooperating entities
- Communicate with client to schedule programme activities in line with other significant client initiatives
- Assist counterpart working groups in scheduling and convening as mandated by Work Plan
- Ensure that client officials receive invitations, talking points, marketing, briefings and presentation materials in a timeline compliant with client Mission guidelines
- Assist in Monitoring and Evaluation Data Collection
- Assist Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist in collecting data at Trainings and Events
- All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 3 years of relevant experience;
- A BS/BA degree with at least 3 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 3 years of experience.
- Demonstrable previous experience in event management
- Excellent written English and oral communication skills for drafting and proof reading materials
- Excellent organizational skills, particularly in managing time and tasks
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work in tight timescales with limited supervision
- Computer literate with at intermediate experience of the Microsoft suite of programmes, particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical awareness to set up PowerPoint and other simple AV systems when technicians are not around
- The confidence to liaise with speakers and senior officials from Government departments, other professional bodies and learned societies, the media and a diverse range of external contacts
- A welcoming and helpful approach when dealing with members in person at events and over the telephone
- Self-reliance, common sense, trust, integrity, and humour
- Physical strength and flexibility to carry and set up small exhibition stands and materials and AV systems in a variety of venues
- The job holder will have, or may need to develop financial awareness to produce and monitor budgets
- Marketing experience and an understanding of the value of direct mail in promoting events to members.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities:
- Living our Purpose – Acts as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognizing others for the impact they make
- Influence – Influences clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- Performance drive – Delivers exceptional client service; maximizes results and drives high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Strategic direction – Understands key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns people to objectives and sets priorities and direction
- Talent development – Develops high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Competitive Edge – Applies deep knowledge of disruptive trends and competitor activity to drive continuous improvement
- Inspirational Leadership – Establishes a strong leadership brand and inspires followership through passion, integrity, and appreciation of others.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
How To Apply