Full-time Data Manager at the World Health Organization (WHO)
07World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
The Job : Data Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Ref Id: 1803238
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract duration: 6 months
Objectives of the Programme
- The objective of the EPI programme is to support national authorities to provide high quality immunization services that will contribute to:
- The reduction of mortality, morbidity and disability from vaccine preventable diseases through the optimum use of available and new vaccines and
- The strengthening of national health systems as well as efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals.
Description of Duties
- Establish, maintain and up-date databases pertaining to each programmatic area in EPI/PEI
- Perform data validation and cleaning on all data received before forwarding to the zone and national level (surveillance, IPDs, RI, Special Intervention, HTR, accessibility, IDP Camps and other data sets).
- Provide regular feedback on data quality, timeliness and completeness to CCs and LGAFs for action.
- Track and obtain missing or incomplete data/reports and provide feedback to relevant levels.
- Provide all round GIS support including accessibility, Vaccination Tracking System (VTS)
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis feedback from data to enhance decision making at state and LGA level
- Represent WHO in the Borno State EOC Data Team and support the state EOC with data presentation, analysis and interpretation.
- Create and secure back-up copies of data in the state.
- Provide technical data management support to the state government.
- Conduct data management training to build the capacity of officers. Perform other activities as required by the supervisor
- Essential: University Degree in Statistics, Information Systems and Communication Technology, or other relevant fields from recognized institution
- Desirable: Training in public health data management
- Essential: At two years relevant experience including field experience in data management/GIS.
- Desirable: Experience in public health especially in immunization activities
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues at national and international levels;ÂŸ Ability to provide leadership, monitor progress and design technical communication materials;Fully conversant in word-processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation, epidemiological (Epiifo) and mapping software.
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Driving the Organization’s Position in Health Leadership
- Use of Language Skills
- Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NGN 15,384,565 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
How To Apply