Contract Danish Refugee Council (DRC): Non-Technical Survey (NTS) and Community Liaison Manager Recruitment
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
The Job : Non-Technical Survey (NTS) and Community Liaison Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- The Danish Refugee Council is present in Nigeria since 2015, delivering emergency assistance to IDPs and host communities in the three North Eastern states of Yobe, Adamawa and Borno. From late 2015 until now, the Danish Demining Group (DDG) has been scaling up its programme of Risk Education and in 2017 only, more than 280,000 individuals benefitted from training sessions.
- In areas where conflict is not present anymore, DDG plans to start with Community Liaison activities and Non-technical Surveys for which an experienced manager is seeked to lead a team of 21 facilitators, 4 supervisors and over 90 volunteers.
- Three (3) NTS teams could already start in May 2018, depending on funding availability.
- Design a community liaison plan, including Non-Technical Survey (NTS) & Risk Education (RE) for the 3 North East states of Nigeria (Yobe, Adamawa & Borno);
- Overall responsibility over DDG’s NTS and MRE teams, their recruitmet, training and operational supervision;
- Analyse data on casualties and contamination collected by NTS teams and provide reports on Hazardous Areas;
- Support Head of program in liaising with authorities and local communities
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience on NTS & MRE within the Humanitarian Mine Action sector.
- Proven understanding of IMAS and Land Release Process.
- BA degree in a relevant discipline from an internationally recognized university or equivalent experience.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with excellent writing skills.
- To be successful in this role, we expect you to have strong leadership skills and capacity to work independently, be pragmatical but also innovative, with creative thinking backed by strong analytical and reporting skills.
- You need to have political and cultural sensitivity, as well as diplomatic, tactful and flexible intepersonal style. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
- IMAS EOD level 2 or NTS/Community Liaison training and/or qualification from recognized Mine Action organization.
- Hands on knowledge of working with IMSMA, web mapping and GIS software.
- Level: A14
- Designation of Duty Station: uaccompanied / Non-family Duty.
How To Apply