Full-time Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Technician at Lington & Bernie Consulting Limited
Lington & Bernie Consulting Limited was established on October 8, 1999 to provide efficient and qualitative consulting services to the oil and gas industry, banks and financial institutions, power sector, as well as other corporate organizations in the areas of human resources placement and management, human resources consulting services, tax administration and payroll services as well as oil and gas fiscal and contractual terms advisory services.
The Principal Consultants are tested professionals with several years of experience in human resources and financial management. They are reputed for their unassailable record of integrity and high productivity.
The Job : Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) Technician
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Our client, a leading engineering and construction with head office in Chicago is urgently looking for a suitable candidate to fill an entry-level opportunity for a CADD Technician to draft detailed design drawings for natural gas distribution piping and other natural gas delivery systems infrastructure. Initially the successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the client project engineer to create plans for natural gas infrastructure utilizing AutoCAD and or MicroStation as well as geographic tools such as Google Earth. After the candidate has demonstrated proficiency in the design of natural gas system infrastructure the candidate will work with minimal supervision on the development of plans for less complicated direct buried natural gas piping systems. The candidate will be required to learn client design standards, become familiar with municipal codes and requirements and should have a passion for technology and a willingness to use technology to improve processes. The work performed will be reviewed for accuracy, constructability and compliance with applicable codes and standards. Successful candidates considered must undergo an initial 4 – 6 weeks training period.
- Performing simple to complex CADD work
- Reading and understanding client standards and specifications, other project related documents and meeting their requirements
- Generate detailed basemaps and design drawings based on established standards and quality in coordination with design engineers to address issues with drawings in coordination with natural gas infrastructure
- Develop plans to communicate natural gas infrastructure requirements to other agencies and entities
- Utilize MicroStation V8i and AutoCAD to create, maintain and develop cells, cell libraries and utility patterns
- Adhere to established CADD standards. Suggest refinements and changes as necessary to meet the intent of the program
- Standardize and update border and seed files
- Create and update traffic control details for locations where proposed natural gas pipeline routes intersect with maintained roads
- Create and maintain natural gas pipeline installation details and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of multiple CAD systems
- Knowledge of geographic software packages
- High school graduate
- 1 year of formal CAD training in AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment
Attractive salary package plus other benefits.
How To Apply