Full-time Compliance And Ethics Counsel Nigeria And Francophone Africa at Oracle
Oracle provides the world’s most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
The Job :Compliance And Ethics Counsel Nigeria And Francophone Africa
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Responsible for supporting the implementation of Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Program and achieving program objectives in Nigeria and French-speaking Africa.
Reports directly to the Senior Managing Counsel, Sub-Saharan Africa; dotted line reporting to the Managing Counsel, Middle East & North Africa.
Based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Collaborate with, and provide practical guidance to, Oracle’s regional management on ethics, business conduct and compliance matters.
- Partner with local management teams as a trusted advisor and integral team member while retaining independence.
Training & Communications.
- Develop, implement and execute an annual live training curriculum and schedule to ensure that Oracle employees as well as distribution partners in Nigeria and French-speaking Africa are aware of Oracle’s Code of Ethics & Business Conduct, Global Anti-Corruption Policy and relevant laws.
- Work with senior counsels to develop and deliver regular communications to employees in Nigeria and French-speaking Africa concerning Oracle’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and related policies and procedures as well as new developments in laws or regulations pertaining to compliance.
- Collect management and employee feedback on the effectiveness of Oracle’s compliance policies, trainings and communications.
Investigation & Remediation.
- Collaborate with external counsel, C&E Forensics, Global Information Security and the global compliance team as well as Finance, Human Resources and the Legal Department, as appropriate, to investigate allegations of unethical behavior or other violations of Oracle policy, to recommend appropriate disciplinary and/or remedial measures, and to ensure such measures are promptly implemented.
- Collaborate with C&E Forensics and the global compliance team to record the progress of these investigations in Oracle’s case management system to enable, among other things, system analytics and reporting for senior management.
Partner Compliance Management.
- Collaborate with the Alliances & Channels organization to ensure the selection of Oracle distribution partners that are committed to ethical business conduct and to support those partners in the implementation of effective compliance programs.
- Handle escalations of Oracle distribution partner issues that arise through investigations or routine due diligence.
- Meet with Oracle distribution partners to underscore Oracle’s commitment to ethical business practices.
- Approvals Escalation Point. Serve as an escalation point in the process for:
- Review of events, meetings and related expenses to ensure compliance with Oracle policy.
- Review of meals, gifts and entertainment to ensure compliance with Oracle policy.
- Disclosure of conflicts of interest in Nigeria and French speaking Africa, and ensure that mitigation plans are implemented where appropriate.
- Identify areas of legal compliance risk and collaborate with the global compliance team to mitigate the risk.
- Work with the global compliance team to identify common concerns, establish common standards and propagate best practices.
- Collaborate with the global compliance team to monitor and continuously improve Oracle’s Compliance and Ethics Program.
- Continuous Education.
- Develop an expertise in global and local anti-corruption laws and related legal landscape, monitor ethics and compliance developments, identify best practices and champion adoption as appropriate.
- Undergraduate and legal degrees from top institutions.
- 6 years of legal experience, preferably in a combination of global law firm and in-house environments. Experience in the high technology industry as well as previous experience in compliance and compliance investigations preferred.
- Integrity and commitment to the highest ethical standards and personal values.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to quickly gain the confidence of business clients.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Strong teamwork and collaboration skills critical.
- Superior written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent judgment and the capacity to make decisions and give advice that demonstrates an understanding of the risk/rewards of each situation.
- Practical and creative problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks and prioritize work as needed to meet business requirements.
- A high level of passion, self-motivation and commitment to client service.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) and French (written and spoken) required. Additional local language skills strongly preferred.
- Primarily based in Nigeria, but must be willing to travel in the region as required (at least 20>).
How To Apply