Full-time Commercial Supervisor at Accion Microfinance Bank Limited
Accion Microfinance Bank Limited – Established in 2006, began operations in May 2007 on license from the Central Bank of Nigeria. Our management team comprises seasoned and distinguished professionals from diverse backgrounds complemented by the expertise of our technical partners, ACCION International. At Accion Microfinance Bank our core values, business philosophy and methodology distinguish us as one of the leading microfinance banks in Nigeria.
The Job : Commercial Supervisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports to: Branch Manager
- Manage a team of loan and account officers providing support to staff and ensuring that both short-term and long-term goals are achieved. Ensure strong portfolio growth, superior loan portfolio quality, strong client service, good employee morale, and branch profitability.
Supervision of Account Officers:
- Ensure that assigned account officers carry out their tasks professionally and achieve expected target.
- Manage the daily work plan of account officers.
- Set performance goals with Branch staff and monitor performance per procedures for all Branch staff.
Build Community Rapport:
- Build rapport with community and business associations and leaders.
- Be known and visible in the community.
- Develop goodwill of community towards Accion Microfinance Bank.
- Become knowledgeable and known in the Branch’s geographic zone.
Support for the Branch’s Financial Planning and Management:
- Support the Branch Managers in the development of annual plans and budgets for the branch, paying particular attention to the creation of efficiencies and reduction of the Branch costs.
Supervision and Monitoring:
- Ensure that all Account Officers follow and implement policies and procedures.
- Spot-check approved applications.
- Implement the performance management system at the Branch level.
- Follow up on all approved loans in the Branch to ensure they are disbursed timely.
- Ensure that the team maintains neat, up-to-date and accurate client records.
- Organize and maintain neat, up-to-date and accurate files regarding performance of each team member.
- Coordinate the activities of the credit committee for loan applications pertaining to his/her Branch.
- Chair the credit committee for loan applications pertaining to his/her Branch within his/her authority level.
- Ensure all documentation and requirements are complete prior to loan approvals.
- Ensure quality of analysis by all account officers in the team.
- Ensure that the loan portfolio growth of his/her team matches the Branch Budget.
- Meet and build rapport with all branch staff, business/market associations and other relevant organizations in the branch’s zone on a regular basis.
- Monitor business progress, provide assistance, demonstrate concern, and build loyalty among the business/market associations and clients.
- Keep abreast of the economic developments in the branch’s zone.
- Review the daily repayment reports and other relevant reports per Account Officer and for the entire team as soon as they are available.
- Ensure that debt recovery strategy and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with late repayment recovery where necessary, in accordance with Accion policies and procedures.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business, Banking, Finance, Accounting or related fields with numerate coursework.
- CIBN – Microfinance Certification.
- M.Sc. or MBA will be an added advantage.
Candidate’s Knowledge and Attributes:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position or Credit Manager in a Commercial Bank.
- Strong Supervisory Skills, Able to Coach and Motivate.
- Strong Analytical Skills – able to read and interpret financial statements and evaluate loan recommendations.
- Strong Interpersonal and Team Building.
- Ability to empathize with the need of micro, small and medium-sized businesses.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites- Excel, Power Point, Word and Others.
- Strategic Business Development and Portfolio Management
How To Apply