Full-time Business Development Manager at Expro Group
Expro’s mission is well flow management. We provide services and products that measure, improve, control and process flow from high-value oil and gas wells, from exploration and appraisal through to mature field production optimisation and enhancement.
The Job : Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Requisition Number: 54582
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To deliver new and profitable business across the area of responsibility.
- Provide front line sales support to the clients and effectively liaise with the Operations teams with area of responsibility.
- Foster positive relationships with clients to provide accurate and up to date intelligence on their organisation, specific needs, standards and activity schedules to enable appropriate sales strategies to be developed.
- Measure and report on business development activities.
- Ensure Company’s standards, policies and procedures adhered to and that optimal service quality is always provided to the entire satisfaction of our clients.
Key Activities and Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities for new business within area of responsibility and develop appropriate strategies for delivering these in conjunction with the teams from Business Development and Operations.
- Foster the right relationship with clients within area of responsibility so their business and contracting needs are wholly understood and met.
- Set business plan and keep updated on progress
- Assist with the preparation process of tenders and their associated commercial evaluations and business cases in line with company policies, procedures and any legislative requirements
- Act as the source of accurate and up to date intelligence for the client and their contracting strategies
- Deliver presentations, seminars and attend technical functions to develop and strengthen customer relations ships and extend knowledge of company products and services to clients
- Record and maintain up to date customer opportunities, market and competitor intelligence. Ensure records are kept up to date including Sales Force Database
- Ensure the effective flow of information across operations teams and Product Lines is achieved
- Liaise with internal and external departments as and when required to ensure all information is circulated as appropriate also client questions and queries are resolved in a timely manner. Liaise with manager on any issues or concerns with the documentation to be processed.
- Actively adhere to the Code of Conduct and Anti-Bribery policies, procedures and processes to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained and exposure to liability or risk to Expro’s reputation is minimised.
- Provide leadership in all ethical issues; ensure employees are aware of Expro’s compliance requirements and feel able to report possible violations or conflicts of interest.
- Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes & systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Act on reported deficiencies and approve deviations from standard procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure that employees adhere to and comply with all applicable Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and processes.
- Provide leadership in HSE; encourage employees to take responsibility and be accountable for their own and others’ safety and provide an environment where they feel authorised to stop any unsafe job.
- Ensure that all incidents and non-conformances are reported in line with the appropriate procedures and deadlines; ensure that all incidents are investigated and corrective actions raised as required; where appropriate, participates in incident investigations.
- Supervise, mentor and coach direct reports and ensure completion of their Employee Development Plans. Where applicable, ensure that training and competency programs are in place to facilitate the mentoring of subordinates through the competency system. Conduct competency assessments when required.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- Hold a Professional Qualification preferably in a Technical area
- 9+ years work experience within Technical or Sales role preferably in line with a company product line
- Proficient in MS Word, Data Bases and PowerPoint.
- Integrity/Compliance – behaves in a fair, honest and ethical manner toward others; adheres to Company Code of Conduct
- Interpersonal Sensitivity – identifies with and shows understanding or concern for others; values diversity
- Technical – achieves and applies a competent level of technical and/or professional skill or knowledge relevant to the role
- Safety Leadership – identifies and corrects conditions that affect employee safety
- Planning & Organising – prioritises: sets stretching but realistic targets and deadlines; plans ahead and has a structured approach to work
- Delivery of Results – identifies, confronts and overcomes barriers to successful delivery of results
- Financial Awareness – Demonstrates understanding of the financial implications of decisions, aiming to achieve value and maximize return
- Delegation – allocates role-appropriate decision-making authority and/or task responsibility to others
- Communication – uses tailored communication skills appropriate to circumstances and to achieve required outcomes; negotiates to prevent or resolve conflict in the team/organisation
- Developing Others – Plans and supports the development of others skills and abilities to realise their full potential
- Decisiveness – Takes prompt action to deal with all situations; can justify a decision when challenged.
How To Apply