Full-time British High Commission (BHC): Border Force – Project Support Officer Vacancy
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The Job : Border Force – Project Support Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Grade: A2 (L)
Job Category: Other British Government Departments (Partners across Government, including UK Visas)
Job Subcategory: UKBA (UK Border Agency)
Type of Position: Fixed Term
Duration of Post: 6 months
Start Date: 1st September, 2018.
Main Purpose of Job
- The main function of this post is to provide administrative support to Border Force, based in the Deputy British High Commission in Lagos. Support will also be provided to the Border Force office in Abuja.
- The role will be specifically to maintain and update the administrative records, manage budget spreadsheets and other ancillary duties in support of the Border Force project team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To provide administrative support to the Border Force project team, as directed by a BF line manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support officer to Border Force Project Hunter/Chaucer officers, Higher officers and BFSO Regional Manager
- Maintaining records of Project Hunter/Chaucer staff
- Maintain and update accurate financial records in support of Border Force and FCO budget management and procurement processes.
- Maintenance of monthly/annual budgets
- Liasion with UK Border Force International desk for finance and budget accountability.
- Management of BF drivers and responsibility for maintenance of official vehicles, insurance and monthly payments to Hunter/Chaucer local support staff
- Address accommodation issues and arrange payment of invoices, utility and other bills
- Co-ordinate and deliver effective administrative support to the Border Force Project Team. This may include booking flights and accommodation and providing logistical support to training events, workshops and conferences.
- Preparing official letters, recording meetings and arranging calls.
- Office and asset management.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to quickly and accurately input data and have a good knowledge of spreadsheets.
- Good attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to work effectively within a team.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Familiar with Firecrest, Echo, FCO and Border Force systems.
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
Starting Monthly Salary
How To Apply
Please complete the application form in full as the information provided is used during screening.
Please check your application carefully before you submit, as no changes can be made once submitted.
The British Deputy High Commission will never request any payment or fees to apply for a position.
Employees recruited locally by the British Deputy High Commission in Lagos are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Nigeria.
All candidates must be legally able to work and reside in the country of the vacancy with the correct visa/work permit status or demonstrate eligibility to obtain the relevant permit.
The responsibility lies on the successful candidate to:
Obtain the relevant permit
Pay fees for the permit
Make arrangements to relocate
Meet the costs to relocation