Contract Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited: Marine Advisor Recruitment
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited, (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
The Job : Marine Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Nature: Rotation
Works to assure the safe and efficient turnaround of gas carriers and condensate tankers. This will include assisting with the management and oversight of all associated critical contractors including tug, and port services providers:
Senior Deck Officer: Vessel Admin, Regulatory Compliance, SSHE (Safety, Security, Health and Environment), Risk Management, Vessel Communications, Navigation, Ship handling, Cargo and Ballast Operations, Marine Quality Assurance
Senior Engine Officer: Vessel Admin, Regulatory Compliance, SSHE, Marine Systems and Machinery and Equipment, Project Management, Planned Maintenance, Marine Quality Assurance
Operator / Technician:
Vessel Admin, SSHE, Risk Management, Machinery Operations and Machinery Maintenance, Cargo and Ballast Operations
Special Licensing and Certification required by Law to operate tank ships.
Special Licensing and Certification preferred or may be required or preferred for offshore installations and marine shore side positions including marine assignments supporting Upstream projects.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leads department, assigns related duties.
- Calculates vessel drafts, stability, and hull stresses to ensure compliance with maximum permissible limits.
- Maintains the main deck, accommodation space and exterior of the vessel.
- Proficient in the use of all navigation and communication equipment.
- Proficient in the use of all emergency response equipment.
- Advises the Chief Engineer of mechanical or electrical needs of the deck department.
- Assists the Chief Engineer in the preparation of shipyard specifications related to the deck department.
- Operate and maintain primary and aux marine systems.
- Operate and troubleshoot machinery and equipment.
- Assist vessel response and damage control.
- Prepares repair specifications, work packages and project execution.
Deck Officer Licensing and Certification: Coast Guard License (Unlimited), Radar Observer, STCW (International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watch keeping for Seafarers), GMDSS (Global Maritime Distress and Safety System), MMD (Merchant Mariner Document – any unlicensed deck rating, Tankerman-PIC (DL – dangerous liquids))
Engine Officer: Coast Guard License (Unlimited Steam/Motor as applicable), STCW, MMD (Any unlicensed engine rating, Refrigeration, Tankerman-Engine or PIC (DL))
10 years plus marine experience at a senior officer position required.
5 years or more experience in the company operations organization preferred University degree preferred
Behavioral Skills: adapts, makes sound decisions, manages risk, promotes inclusion.
Functional Skills: SSHE management – operations and maintenance, (Deck) Navigation, ship handling & seamanship, (Deck) Marine – managing liquids transfer operations, (Engine) managing marine system (operations & troubleshooting), (Engine) marine – vessel machinery and equipment (operation & troubleshooting), (Deck/Engine) marine – vessel administration (regulatory compliance, policies, procedures), (Deck/Engine) project management (planning & execution), (Deck/Engine) marine – planned maintenance (shutdown, execution and start-up, (Deck/Engine) marine – SSHE management and emergency response, (Deck/Engine) marine quality assurance.
How To Apply