Full-time Administrative Assistant Vacancy, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of the tropics. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The Job :Administrative Assistant, International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Category: Adminstrative Jobs,
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in day to day project administrative duties
- Handling correspondence, photocopying, binding and other paperwork.
- Assist in the preparation of Travel Authorization and Cash Advance/Expense Claims for traveling arrangement of project staff.
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases and Purchases Order of office stationery and machineries.
- Assist in basic financial record positing and verification on the budget
- Assist in the following up and handling purchases/ oracle requests.
- Taking minutes at project meetings.
- Such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the duties by the Supervisor.
- HND/B.Sc in Business Administration and other related fields with minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in Project Administration.
The ideal candidate must possess:
- Good understanding of budgeting and financial management procedures.
- Excellent computer skills with good grasp of spreadsheets, word processing and other MS office applications, and ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point).
- Strong ability to coordinate, prioritise workload
- Good team spirit and also participate as a team member in the accomplishment of project task.
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How To Apply