Full-time Administrative Advisor at Chemonics International
Chemonics International – From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
The Job : Administrative Advisor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Scope of Work (SOW)
- This scope of work (SOW) sets forth the services to be provided by the Administrative Advisor to SAII Associates Ltd/Gte, an associate company of Chemonics International Inc. in the implementation of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Project in Nigeria.
- The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program–Procurement and Supply Management single award IDIQ contract is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world.
- The IDIQ has three task orders that directly support the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and USAID’s family planning and reproductive health program.
- GHSC-PSM provides health commodity procurement services and systems strengthening technical assistance that address all elements of a comprehensive supply chain. All four task orders are implemented in Nigeria.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Administrative support and ensures the smooth and efficient day-to-day operations of the office, including management of office spaces and partitioning requirements.
- Inventory and Asset Database Management of all project assets within and outside Abuja, as well as coordinating insurance of project assets and following up with claims whenever necessary.
- Execute instructions from the Office Admin Manager in managing office supplies stock for Abuja office and embedded offices in other states of Nigeria.
- In charge of meeting logistics including; scheduling of meeting rooms, coordination of meetings and events in and out of Abuja office as directed which may include the organizing and set-up of meeting rooms, catering and refreshments, as well as ensuring the necessary communication equipment are in place and functioning.
- Take minutes at in-house general staff meetings, brown bags, and other office related social gatherings as well as assigning and distributing writing materials to meeting participants.
- Upon assignment by the Office Admin Manager, work with information technology management (ITM) and security units to ensure staff electronic database are up-to-date and accurate.
- Distribute and store electronic and hardcopy correspondences such as letters and other packages.
- Supervise and track all courier distribution activities while ensuring that all documents and items are successfully delivered to the appropriate persons.
- Administration and management of petty cash
- Ensure that the project office and its environment sanitation is at optimal levels always.
- Ensure that generators, water pumping machines, power supply and associated equipment to make the office run smoothly are in good working condition always.
- Assist the Office Admin Manager in ensuring that project vehicles are in good working condition with appropriate log books and tracking of all repairs and maintenance expenses on each vehicle.
- Assist with the assignment and management of project drivers, as well as schedules for all staff and visitors’ movements in-country.
- Assist in the management of fueling cards and fuel management of each project vehicle ensuring that consumption rate for each vehicle is within reasonable limits.
- Assist in ensuring that all project vehicles are serviced as at when due and with manufacturers specified spare parts.
- Make adequate travel and accommodation arrangements for project staff and visitors as requested both in Abuja and all states where the services are required by staff members or visitors to the project.
- Assist with facilitation required for travel agency, hotel and accommodation reservations and other services such as car rentals to ensure all logistics request from staff and visitors are seamlessly and adequately catered for.
- Assist the Office Admin Manager with management of expat residence and project guest house for supplies, maintenance and bills payment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Studies, Management or a related field
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in, administration or in a relevant field
- Excellent skills of operating Microsoft word and excel spreadsheet.
- Experience of working on USAID-funded projects is an advantage
- Proactive, with positive problem-solving approach and attention to detail
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills
- Fluency in English and good communication skills are required
- The Administrative Advisor will report directly to the Office Administrative Manager, or Designee.
- Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Abuja, Nigeria.
How To Apply