Full-time Action Against Hunger: Community Mobilization Assistant – High Intensity Labour Recruitment
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Community Mobilization Assistant – High Intensity Labour
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Jere, Borno
Type: Full Time Programmes – FSL Entry Level
- The position is based in Jere, Borno State and reports to the Community Mobilization Officer – High Intensity Labour. The RESILAC project, “Lake Chad Inclusive Economic and Social Recovery” aim to provide a response combining emergency, rehabilitation and recovery in the Lake Chad region (bordering with Cameroon, Niger, Nigeria and Chad) – an area affected by an economic and social crisis, recurring climate shocks and a regional security crisis
- The project has received support from the French Development Agency and the European Union (via the EU Emergency Trust Fund for Africa).
- The successful candidate is required to play a key role in implementing activities related to the rehabilitation of community productive assets through high Intensity Labor activities, professional training and insertion of young men and women in Jere, Borno state.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Community sensitization on the program objectives and methods to stimulate & eventually promote the understanding and participation of the target population;
- Monitor and provide feedback from beneficiaries and other relevant stakeholders on the quality of activities;
- Network and coordinate with the relevant sectors;
- Actively sensitize the population on the project key messages.
- Directly implement activities in line with workplans and quality standards.
- Support the identification of vulnerable young men and women to include in High Intensity Labour activities for rehabilitating community assets, on the basis of a clear targeting methodology.
- Network and coordinate with the relevant stakeholders such as the community, community leaders, I/NGO actors in the working area and internal players.
- Maintain community and beneficiaries engagement with the project.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Public Administration, Community Health Extension, Political Science, and Public Health or other related qualifications.
- Minimum of a year working experience in humanitarian context.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages and stay at the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Resident of community area of work, networks within the community preferably.
- Proficiency with local languages (Hausa, Kanuri, Fulani).
How To Apply