Contract Action Against Hunger | ACF-International: Nutrition Assistant Recruitment
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
The Job : Nutrition Assistant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Fika/Machina, Yobe
- The two positions are based in Fika and Machina, Yobe State respectively and directly supervised by the Nutrition Officer.
- The Nutrition Assistant is required to implement nutrition interventions at community level.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Facilitate community mobilization, sensitization meetings and training during community led nutrition activities.
- Mobilize and create awareness concerning issues raised about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at the LGA level).
- Collect information and data on nutrition at community level rough screening and other assessments.
- Work closely within community structures to follow up on implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition(CMAM), Care Group Model (CGM), and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) activities with support from the nutrition officer
- Create awareness and sensitize the community on IYCF practices, malnutrition, and the causes of malnutrition and treatment of malnutrition.
- Support in the implementation of CMAM activities by capacity building of Health workers and Community Volunteers (CVs) both at the community and facility level.
- Actively participate in scaling up of surveillance activities at community level to ensure monitoring of situation.
- Participate in periodic Mass MUAC screening as part of routine program activities.
- Implement sensitization activities for targeted communities about CMAM and IYCF with support from MOH, community volunteers, traditional leaders, religious leaders and other stakeholders at LGA level.
- Coordinate all activities very closely and in collaboration with MOH, LGA team and other key stakeholders.
- Diploma in medicine, nursing, midwifery, public health or Nutrition.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in Nutrition and SBCC approach- IYCF and CGM
- Excellent report-writing skills including Microsoft Office.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Team management experience with similar programs.
- Ability to facilitate discussions and meetings.
- Ability to provide quality feedback on the activities.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions.
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aim, values and principles.
How To Apply