Lafarge Group Ongoing Recruitment
Lafarge Group – Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
The Job :Project Engineer Affordable Housing and Building, Lafarge Group.
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- The Project Engineer would have the primary responsibility of managing a portfolio of projects concurrently including ensuring customer requirements agreed are delivered within each project
- Enforce good H&S practices on sites
- Plan, coordinate and oversee various projects as well as supervising on-site contractors, where applicable
- Develop scope of work and secure resources necessary to accomplish the scope of work to time, scope, quality and budget
- Manage the execution of housing projects within defined scope, quality, budget and timescales.
- Represent Lafarge as primary contact on site with the various stakeholders
- Provide technical support on site and collaborate with Lafarge colleagues in various departments to deliver projects
Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce H&S best practices on site
- Produce and control project plans to deliver projects
- Maintain project schedule and budget by monitoring project progress. Coordinate activities on site, carry out resource planning, problem resolution and risk management
- Prepare project status reports to disseminate information and trends as well as proposing corrective actions
- Contribute to risk and opportunity assessments and manage throughout project life cycle
- Coordinate the procurement process – aise requisitions, follow-up approvals of purchase orders and deliveries, as applicable
- Manage project documentation
- Ensure quality of jobs and manage process of acceptance by clients
Good knowledge of construction best practices, project management, project budgeting, risk assessments
H&S evaluation and implementation
Proficient with project management tools – AutoCAD, MS Projects, Primavera
Understanding of Construction law and contracts.
Working knowledge of quality assurance/control of concrete testing and aggregates specifications
Presentation, communication and networking skills
Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
Exhibit political and cultural sensitivity
Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
Be influential and take initiative
How To Apply