Full-time Writer/Editor at E-Terra Technologies Limited
E-Terra Technologies Limited is the first indigenous electronic waste recycling company in Nigeria. Our area of specialty is the eco-friendly management of electronic waste (e-waste), hazardous and non-hazardous, using integrated state-of-the-art technologies.
Our business is more than collecting & gathering electronic waste (e-waste). The core business is the effective, eco-friendly management of e-waste utilizing cutting-edge technology.
The Job : Writer/Editor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
E-Terra Technologies are looking for an Editor, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story, to juggle all the moving parts of publications. You will plan, coordinate, write, review and edit content. The successful candidate will be able to decide which ideas should be pursued and which should get dropped in order to meet quality and accuracy standards. The goal is to provide exceptional, informative and engaging content.
- Coordinate online or print publishing cycle and manage content areas
- Set publication standards and establish goals and expectations
- Write and design E-Terra monthly newsletter
- Suggest stories and generate headline ideas in alignment with targeted audience’s preferences
- Oversee layout (artwork, design, photography) and check content for accuracy and errors
- Proofread, edit and improve stories or pieces
- Recruit and manage writers and reporters
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, photographers, advertising reps, writers, artists etc
- Comply with media law and ethical guidelines
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements
Skills and experience:
- Proven working experience as an editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office and InDesign, Photoshop or other publishing tools
- Proven familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent written skills in English
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Proven business analysis skills with the ability to proactively meet objectives
- Experience in the waste management and recycling industry is an asset.
- A personal Laptop with strong ICT Skills
- Ability to make presentations using Microsoft power point, excel, & word
- Effective communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills:
- Patience and resilience;
- Analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A valid driving license
- Ability to work independently
- B. A English/ B.A degree in Journalism or in related field
- Masters in English/ Journalism
- Membership of a related professional body is an added advantage
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should forward their detailed resume online to: [email protected] not later than 2 weeks from the date of this publication. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.