Full-time The World Bank: Senior Program Officer Vacancy
The World Bank Group is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries. It uses financial resources and extensive experience to help poor nations reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. The vision of the WBG is to eradicate extreme poverty by reducing the number of people living on less than $1.25 a day to 3 percent by 2030, and promote shared prosperity by fostering the income growth of the bottom 40 percent in every country. It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with over 15,000 staff located globally.
The Job : Senior Program Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
The selected candidate will be focused on the following:
• Shape the strategic and operational engagements for the Identification for Development (ID4D) efforts in Africa (with a particular focus in West Africa). Facilitate the implementation of multi-sector solutions to the complex development challenges faced by clients in Africa by working across different sector focused clients and different internal Bank sector teams (e.g. finance, health, social protection, ICT, governance).
• Work with teams in policy dialogue and design/implementation of Bank advisory and investment operations. Provide operational support to Task Team Leaders across several Global Practices to advance progress at a country and regional level and ensure coordination across various sector teams. Provide technical contributions to the design, preparation, and supervision of ID4D operations and TA.
• Support (or lead) analytical pieces, in collaboration with other GPs/departments; Document activities and analyze data related to digital ID and civil registration to be used in case studies and other research
• Identify capacity gaps in the Government and respond by facilitating training, South-South knowledge exchange and expert visits.
• Understand the nexus of public administration and digital transformation to effectively advise on matters of government digitization, information systems, security, and privacy
• Build and foster partnerships with relevant stakeholders in the region and in country, including with regional organizations developing country governments, development partners (e.g. bilateral donors, foundations, UN agencies, CSOs) towards effective implementation of regional and national projects.
• Support in outreach and dissemination efforts
• Advanced degree and a minimum of 8 years of experience in a relevant technical discipline (public policy, engineering, economics or other related field). Experience in technology, innovation, digital inclusion and its intersection with one or more development outcomes in health, financial inclusion, social protection, education, and gender is highly desirable.
• High levels of energy, passion, and initiative to deliver outcomes and the know-how to get things done. Explores ways to get more impactful results; sets challenging stretch goals for oneself.
• Excellent written and oral communication. Able to synthesize, analyze, and effectively present material from a wide range of sources. Articulates ideas, verbally, and in writing, using the most effective means of delivery. Ability to quickly draft and prepare articles/short notes.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team orientation, proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively within and across institutional boundaries. Ability to work independently, seeking guidance on complex issues from senior staff.
• Ability to think strategically, connect the dots easily across a range of topics to develop a broader coherent approach; ability to analyze and integrate information into conclusions and recommendations.
• Ability to deal with complex issues, deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments, experience in working in developing countries
• High integrity and strong ethics
• Lead and Innovate – Develops innovative solutions.
• Deliver Results for Clients – Proactively addresses clients’ stated and unstated needs.
• Collaborate Within Teams and Across Boundaries – Collaborates across boundaries, gives own perspective and willingly receives diverse perspectives.
• Create, Apply and Share Knowledge – Applies knowledge across WBG to strengthen solutions for internal and/or external clients.
• Make Smart Decisions – Interprets a wide range of information and pushes to move forward.