Full-time Western Union Latest Ongoing Recruitment
Western Union provides vital financial services to individuals and businesses that may lack access to, or whose needs are not being met by, the mainstream financial system. We have a distinctive business model and a distinctive purpose: we aim to move money for better anytime, anywhere and any way our customers choose.
Our customers are diverse. The financial needs of the person who sends money from an Agent location in Dubai to his family in India may be different than the person who lives in New York who sends a mortgage payment to a bank in California. Yet, they both need to move money to grow and prosper, and they have needs that are not met by the financial services industry as a whole.
The Job : Manager, Operations
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
We’re seeking a Regional Operations Manager, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring availability of Money Transfer services and new products with Network Agents in assigned regions. You will continuously monitor and improve service quality at POS to deliver superior service to consumers, creating customer loyalty and generating business growth.
Sound interesting? Here are some specifics:
• Coordinate the agent activation process, ensuring agent’s readiness in legal, operational and technical aspects, software installation and initial and ongoing training of agent’s staff (CSC, back office, POS, as well as “train the trainer”).
• Key contact between WU departments and agents on all matters related to the operations/service aspect of the business, e.g. communications to the agents, implementation of procedures, software upgrades.
• Ensure network agents are in full compliance with worldwide operating policies and service standards. Manage and implement quality assurance programmes.
• Manage POS audits, define subsequent strategy for improvement and ensure implementation at the agent level.
• Manage various projects to ensure efficiency and cost saving at the agent level while maintaining optimum service quality (e.g. Gateway integration, project management, loyalty card)
• Actively contribute to Country Management by identifying opportunities and providing operational advice and expertise to Marketing, Country Managers as well as other functional areas.
What you will need to succeed:
• Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and/or training and/or quality
• University degree
• Good understanding of financial market and banking operations (75% of our agents are banks)
• Basic understanding of telecommunications and very good computer skills (usage, configuration, installation)
• Proactive and able to work independently and within a team
• Good analytical skills
• Project Management skills
• Good understanding of today’s technology standards (PC-level, software, telecom, network systems, Digital Money Transfer, Mobile Banking, Mobile Money Transfer)
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels of the organisation, with consumers and agent staff at level of location
• High, unquestionable integrity
• Team player emphasis
• Very strong interpersonal qualities
• Very strong presentation skills
• Ability to travel
What will make you stand out:
• Fluency in English, Spanish / Portuguese or French is a plus
• Experience in sales and/or key account management
What’s in it for you?
• Competitive global pay and benefits
• Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced compliance teams in the world, with opportunities to build valuable skills and grow your career
• Diverse, global team with colleagues in over 50 countries
What it’s like here:
Western Union (WU) is a company on the move! We believe that when money moves, better things can happen. From small businesses and global corporations, to families near and far, or NGO’s in the most remote communities on Earth, WU helps people and business move money globally. We have a rich legacy of innovation, and are continuing to develop new and more convenient ways for our customers to send and receive money through digital, mobile and retail channels. We have a combined digital and retail network that spans over 200 countries and territories. Some companies specialize in cash-based retail money transfer and others play only in digital. We are leaders in both!
Being on the Western Union team means being tenacious and goal-oriented. It means taking risks and quickly finding the path to success. It means having integrity, and finding ways to make things work. It means thriving as part of a diverse, global team of over 10,000 people who are committed to moving money for better. It means being driven to win, and to do work that makes a difference… on a global stage. Sound like you? Apply now!
Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and success. Achieving our common vision depends on people with diverse backgrounds working together. Who knows; your unique point of view could be the key to our next ground-breaking idea. We’d love to explore that possibility!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, religion, sex (including pregnancy or related medical conditions), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or other protected category.
How To Apply