Full-time WAIFEM: Director of Research Vacancy
The West African Institute For Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM) is a sub-regional capacity building Institution established in 1996 by the Central Banks of The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria and Sierra Leone. Headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, WAIFEM has the m-andate to strengthen capacity for macroeconomic and financial management in the countries of member Central Banks.
The Job : Director of Research
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to the Director General, the Director of Research will supervise the research department to ensure research into relevant issues/topics emanating from the capacity building and training programmes.
- Direct and lead the department in the sourcing of funds to facilitate its research work.
- Organize internal and external seminars and workshops for the benefit of the Institute and the sub-region.
- Responsible for the production of the Institutes various publications.
- Supervise the building up of the database in the constituent countries of WAIFEM.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time by the Director General.
- Must be a citizen of the countries of WAIFEM member banks.
- Holds a minimum of post-graduate degree in Economics and/or Finance at the Masters level; a doctorate degree would be an advantage.
- Have at least 10 years of professional experience in senior management capacity.
- Must be versed in research methodology and endowed with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be computer literate and familiar with softwares used by economists etc.
- Must be able to work in a team-based multi-cultural environment.
Attractive and competitive.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit their Applications with detailed CV’s including the names of three referees to:
The Director General,
West African Institute for Financial and Economic Management (WAIFEM),
c/o Central Bank of Nigeria Learning Centre,