Full-time Vodacom Nigeria: Business Development Manager Vacancy
At Vodacom Business Nigeria, we are constantly uncovering new and creative tactics to innovate the way we communicate and differentiate our brand whilst maintain global standards and leading our strategic performance. By joining Vodacom Business Nigeria, you will be part of a global brand as well as join in the team evolving our digital world of total communications. Now is the time to get on board.
The Job : Business Development Manager
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Department: Mezzanine/ IoT Public Sector
Reporting to: Executive Head of Department
Key roles / Qualification
- The Job holder is required to manage a team and be responsible for achieving sales revenue and order booking targets for the team while developing strong relationships with Vodacom Business Nigeria customers at various levels (CEO, CFO, CIO and Business unit leaders).
- The preferred candidate must have Bachelor’s degree from a reputable university. An MBA will be an added advantage.
- The job requires 8 years post NYSC sales working experience, successful key accounts/enterprise solution selling preferably in the telecoms industry.
- Experience in managing strategic business across public and Enterprise sectors will be of advantage
- Demonstrated ability to influence decisions at C-level and deep work experience in the Telecommunications / IT Industry and Public Sector is required
- Deep knowledge of mobile enterprise and fixed enterprise business in sales, business development, operations and technical sales is required
- Deep knowledge of Mezzanine and IoT products is required
- Ensures delivery of financial targets including revenue, market share and net margin contribution
- Business development of VBN Mezzanine and IoT services across the Public and Enterprise Sectors.
- Revenue generation: To sell Mezzanine and IoT services to defined target markets, ensuring that the needs of the markets are adequately met by VBN’s services- by acquiring new clients, prospecting, lead generation and qualifying.
- Responsible for understanding and anticipating customer requirement, mapping competition and positioning Mezzanine and IoT services as the preferred service for the client.
- Providing top of the line services through account management and ensure a higher revenue market share and customer satisfaction for each account.
- Establishes appropriate relationships with Vodacom customers and leverages those relationships to win new business
- Manage escalations between various departments and VBN customers effectively resolving issues that may arise in the course of the business.
- Measuring and managing sub distributors performance against objectives.
- Ensure updated account plans are developed and updated for key accounts.
- C Level client relationship management to uncover new opportunities and grow existing business.
- Work actively with the product development team in new product development
- Liaise with revenue assurance and receivable team to ensure customers pay for VBN services that are rendered.
- Ensure weekly and monthly reports are communicated to the Executive Head of Dept.
- Responsible for account retention and churn management.
Innovation and change
- Acts as voice of the customer within Vodacom to ensure that customers views and needs influence our marketing mix including product / proposition
- Supported by Innovation Workshops and Forums, introduces new products and propositions to key decision makers within the customer through relationship and stakeholder management at C level within all key customers. Understands up front through engagement at the right business level the customer’s strategic and operational issues.
- Influence strategic business customer meetings designed for C level customers
- Keep updated account plans and proactively communicate VBN strategy to team to ensure alignment and awareness of VBN strategy.
- Deep understanding of the Nigeria Public Sector, Customer business, its market and industry alongside key decision-makers and influencers in account organisation
- Develop account Plan which is shared within Vodacom and ideally with customer
- Set-up long-term relationship strategy including involvement of Vodacom C-levels; this includes C-level briefings and de-briefings
- Develop a Winning Complex Sales (WCS)) opportunity roadmap for each relevant top tier opportunity
Setup and maintain Share-of-Wallet report together with customer contracts and expirations
- Business relationship management skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- People management.
- Excellent leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven sales and business networking skills.
- Strong quantitative and
- Business analysis skill.
- Attention to details.
How To Apply
To apply for this role, please send your CV to [email protected] and we will contact you if you qualify.