Full-time Vice-Chancellor at Tai Solarin University of Education
Tai Solarin University of Education (formally Tai Solarin College of Education), the first University of Education in Nigeria, was established as a specialized University of Education in the year 2005 to produce graduates who are adequately equipped in both course contents and pedagogy to meet the various challenges of contemporary university education as well as the emerging needs for vocational skills and entrepreneurship knowledge. The University lays premium on the deployment of Information Communication Technology (ICT) to academic and administrative activities. It has very strong local and international linkages with other educational institutions in the areas of teaching, learning and research activities, Her vision is to be the preferred university of the 21 Century.
The Job : Vice-Chancellor
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- A candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor shall exhibit clear qualities of academic leadership.
- The candidate shall possess the ability to foster and maintain effective working relationship with the University community (staff and students), the Alumni Association and the general public (national arid international).
- The candidate shall show evidence of high-level managerial and executive capacity in the administration of a higher educational institution.
- The candidate shall possess NUC recognised Ph.D degree or its equivalent. In addition, he/she shall be a Professor of not less than seven years standing.
- The person to be appointed shall not be more than sixty-five (65) years old on or before resumption of duty.
- The candidate shall have a sound university education and a distinction in the academic discipline. The person’s academic standing and reputation shall be sufficiently high to command national and international respect particularly in the academic world, such that it would enhance good reputation already established for the University.
- The candidate shall have considerable administrative experience and qualities of a good manager of human and material resources.
- The candidate shall be capable of giving dynamic leadership to the University and command respect and loyalty of both staff and students.
- The candidate shall be a person of courage who can take decisions on the merit of facts and principles and not on the basis of pressure from individuals or groups. He/she shall also be a person of unassailable integrity.
- The candidate shall be a person who is not likely to pursue racial, ethnic, political, religious or other sectional interest.
- The candidate shall be committed to the ideals of a university as a citadel of learning, not only in the context of national, social relevant and of international scholastic excellence but also in the context of the university’s philosophy of a “Developmental University”.
- The candidate shall possess such personality as can attract funding from both local and international communities to supplement government subventions.
The tenure of office of the Vice Chancellor shall be for a single term of five (5) years only.
Conditions of Service
The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as approved by the Governing Council but comparable to those applicable to the post of Vice Chancellors of other public universities in Nigeria.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 30 copies each of their credentials and curriculum vitae in the following format:
- Full Name (Surname First)
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Permanent Home Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Dates of Birth of Children
- Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic qualifications (with dates)
- Membership of academic and professional bodies (with dates)
- Academic awards and distinctions
- Details of administrative, fund attraction and managerial experience in the University system
- Major scholarly publications or breakthrough (well referenced>
- Specific services to local, national and international communities (with dates, institutions, establishments and status)
- Present employment, status, salary and employer Extra Curricular Activities.
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
In addition to the above, all applicants are expected to submit a position paper in not more than one thousand (1,000) words on their vision for the University in the next five(5) years.
All applications must be submitted in sealed envelopes, marked Chancellor Positions’ at the upper left hand corner and should be addressed to:
Tai Solarin University of Education,
P.M.B 2118, Ijebu-Ode,