Full-time UNOPS Fresh Recruitment (consultant)
UNOPS supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations.
The Job : Transition Consultant, UNOPS
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Category: NGO Jobs,
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
The transition consultant shall support preparation of a detailed transition plan under the guidance of the Transition Coordinator who will represent the Principal Recipients while working hand in hand with the Project Managers of the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project and then execution as follows but not limited to;
- Effectively support Principal Recipients in planning, management, and monitoring of procurement and supply management functions of health commodities procured with The Global Fund resources in Nigeria over the transition period.
- Capture from various existing documents and sources the current information flows and physical supply management arrangements and steps for health commodities procured with Global Fund resources in Nigeria
- Liaise with other Partners in the Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project who will be transitioning to the newly designed system and ensure appropriate coordination is in place
- Liaise with Principal Recipients of the Global Fund and the N SCIP Project office to map out detailed options for transition for each disease/programme
- Obtain and analyse the procurement and supply management plans of Principal Recipients – what products are due to be deliver and distributed where and when – and plan inbound shipments to the new zonal warehouses and downstream logistics.
- Develop “what-if” scenarios based on potential changes in dates and/or requirements – e.g. delayed delivery to port; delayed availability of storage space.
- Support distribution planning and re-supply of health commodities
- Review the current 3rd Party Logistics arrangements under each of the Principal Recipients and align them to the new structure of zonal warehouses in Abuja and Lagos
- Review the current 3rd Party Logistics arrangements under each of the Principal Recipients, plan and execute a seamless transition into the new zonal warehousing and distribution contracts to be set up at Cross Rivers and Sokoto hubs; in addition the hubs in Lagos and FCT
University level degree in relevant technical subject or equivalent is required. A formal training in Supply Chain Management is desired.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of end-to-end Supply Chain principles, practices and processes, including at least 3 years operational Supply Chain experience – for example with a private sector 3PL or 4PL organization, a functional role within an international industrial corporation, within a leading consulting organization, or a credible provider of technical assistance
– In-depth knowledge and credible expert experience of elements of Supply Chain Management including:
- Supply planning and logistics scheduling
- Inventory control and replenishment management
- Distribution of health commodities
- Transport modes, operations and costing. Vehicle and resource scheduling
- Logistics Management Information Systems (LMIS)
- Experience of Supply Chains (systems, stakeholders and networks) in developing countries, especially Africa.
– In-depth knowledge and credible expert experience of the following elements of Supply Chain Management
Demand management and forecasting
Performance management, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Outsourcing and the management of logistics service providers (3 and 4 PLs) and/or PPP-type arrangements
Warehousing methods including Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
– Knowledge or experience of the Global Fund operations
– Experience of working effectively within project management environment
– Experience as operating as an technical advisor/ consultant
– Knowledge and experience of the Pharmaceutical Sector
– Membership of a recognized professional supply chain organization,
An excellent knowledge of English is required for this role.
How To Apply