Full-time University Librarian at the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, was established on 1st January, 1988. It has attained a position of eminence in various Agricultural Sciences, Natural Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Veterinary Medicine, Engineering and Management Sciences. The University presently has ten (10) Colleges.
The Job : University Librarian
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Abeokuta, Ogun
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University library and the coordination of the library services in the University and its Campuses, Colleges, Departments, Institutes and other Teaching or Research Units.
- Candidate must possess a good honours Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division, Master’s and Doctorate Degree in Library or Information Science or related field from a recognized University.
- Candidate must also have at least fifteen (15) years cognate experience in an academic library, A strong proof of continuing research with appreciable evidence of scholarly publications both in quality and quantum in reputable international and national journals is required.
- Candidate must be able to provide academic and administrative leadership.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of a Deputy University Librarian.
- Candidate must not be above Sixty (60) years on assumption of duty.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of University Librarian Of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as may be determined from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council as appropriate.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Government/Governing Council.
How To Apply
Applicants are required to submit Thirty (30) copies of their Applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting, among others, the following:
Place and Date of Birth
State of Origin
Mobile Telephone Number
Numbers and Ages of Children (if any)
Institutions attended with dates
Detailed Academic qualifications obtained with dates and classification
Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
Extra Curricula Activities
Each Applicant must have three (3) referees who should be requested by the applicants to forward a Referee’s Report to the Registrar directly through courier service and under confidential cover.
All applications should be submitted by Courier Service under confidential covers in sealed envelopes marked “Post of University Librarian, FUNAAB” to:
The Office of the Registrar,
Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,