Contract United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF): International/National Consultant (Videographer) Recruitment
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
The Job : International/National Consultant (Videographer)
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job Number: 513640
Work Type: Consultancy
Purpose of Assignment
- The expertise is limited at the UNICEF Country Office and the process of deploying the services of a Videographer will be easily facilitated under the terms of a longer-term consultancy.
Specific Project Objective to which the Consultant is Related
- To support the Country Office’s ongoing private and public advocacy work as well as partner engagement efforts, the Communication Section is looking to hire professional videographers who can produce high quality videography that be used in advocacy materials, programme communications, resource mobilization, donor communication, and media engagement.
Major Tasks to be Accomplished
- Advocacy and programme coverage – Professional documentary video coverage of the situation as well as UNICEF response, including shot-lists and storylines
- First person accounts/profiles – Intimate first person narratives focused on individual subjects, including wide variety of shots, b-roll, and beauty breathing shots.
- Develop the raw footage into specified formats
- Develop the footage into different visual expressions – documentary, picture story, slides, etc.
- Oversee translation during production process from local language to English when required.
- The contractor will edit from their own office.
- All hardware and software requirements will be provided by the consultant
- Raw rushes of footage
- Cut stories and /or documentaries of agreed length
- Edited b-roll with natural sound
- Copies of footage in appropriate digital format, preferably uploaded to specified sites
- Scripts (where required)
- Shot lists and video log.
Estimated time of consultancy and deadline for submission of end product:
- 11.5 months
Official Travel involved:
- Nationwide (Nigeria) but specific assignments to determine specific locations.
Applicants should quote their fees as follows:
- National Consultants:
- All-inclusive daily fee
- International Consultants:
- Travel to and from Abuja
- All-inclusive daily fees in-country travel days
- All-inclusive daily fees when on location / production
- All-inclusive daily fees for post-production
This being an LTA, consultants will be paid on a case by case basis for work. Full payment upon satisfactory completion of project.
Academic Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience and Competencies Required
- Degree in Communications, Arts, Media or any relevant field and/or certificates in Videography is an asset
- Eight years experience filming and editing high-quality footage
- Demonstrated ability to edit to the barest minimum time without losing the essentials of an assignment
- Previous experience of taking footage in development and humanitarian situations as well as for international media outlets (work experience with UNICEF or the UN an advantage)
- Experience working in Nigeria, and knowledge of development landscape in the country
- Fluent in English
- English translation of productions in local languages (to be facilitated with UNICEF support)
How To Apply