Full-time Tools Administrator at IHS Towers
IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services. Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
The Job : Tools Administrator
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Reports To: Head of Quality Assurance
- Administer the tools used for network management and provide end-user support.
- Ensure all tools are functional and usable by the Network Operations Centre (NOC) team by avoiding connectivity issues.
- Take ownership of issues with the tools and see problems through to resolution
- Identify, diagnose and troubleshoot software failures while keeping a line of communication with impacted users.
- Continuously research more effective ways to improve performance of tools.
- Ensure systems upgrades are done timely without disrupting users
- Ensure proper recording and closure of all issues escalated by end users with proper root cause analysis
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Ensure all locked accounts passwords are reset on time
- Create templates and profiles for NOC users on all Remote Monitoring System (RMS) and Network Management System (NMS)
- Ensure that changes to NOC tools follow IHS change management process
- Ensure all NOC scripts are running efficiently
- Ensure daily routine check of all databases used by the NOC
- Ensure all NOC group emails are created and updated
- Responsible for granting and denying user access after appropriate approval
- Document knowledge in a knowledge database and make it available in notes and articles for system user.
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by Head Quality Assurance.
Education & Experience
- 1st degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Upwards of 4 years’ experience in a related field or role
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of IHS
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- People Management
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Conflict resolution
- Performance Management
- Database Management
- Computer and Information Management
- End User Support
- Network Operations Management
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s and Cover letter to: [email protected] indicating in the subject bar the name of the role.