Full-time Terragon Group: Accountant Recruitment
Terragon Group – We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
The Job : Accountant
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Responsible for examining, analysing, and preparing financial records and statement and providing input and advice on financial matters including tracking and recording costs and expenses.
- Prompt coding and registering of commitments in the accounting system, maintaining chart of accounts, invoice numbers.
- Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Liaising with accounting officers with respect to bills receivable, bills payable, etc
- Providing assistance to auditors with regards to scope and items
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Ensuring internal control system is effected and adhered to on the assets and accounting system of the company.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Preparation of the monthly bank reconciliation of the accounts of the company.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Develop, implement, modify, document, record keeping, and accounting system, making efficient use of the accounting
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information needed for the audit of financial statements
- Ensure all costs are captured on SAP daily and revenues captured promptly
- Compute statutory taxes i.e VAT, PAYE, local government and preparation of tax returns, ensure compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Maintaining account payables and accounts receivables: Collate payments due to the vendors for each unit of the business.
- A First Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- ICAN or ACCA Certification
- 5 years relevant in Audit, Tax and Financial Accounting
- Knowledge of:
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Corporate Reporting and Finance
- Governance, Risk and Control
- Leadership & People Management
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Management
- Audit and Assurance
- Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Professionalism & Ethics
- Advanced ability to use spread sheet packages.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Proficient in Accounting Software; Peach Tree, Quick books.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s to: email@example.com