Full-time Supervisor-Storeroom at Marriott International
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 6,000 properties in 122 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2015. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Start Your Journey With Us
The Job : Supervisor-Storeroom
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Receive, unload, and process deliveries.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Work with suppliers to resolve discrepancies between invoices and actual received merchandise.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Inspect deliveries and date times to verify freshness, cleanliness, consistency, and quality throughout case lots.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items. Adhere to food safety and handling policies and procedures across all food-related areas.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Complete and maintain required departmental paperwork. Operate forklift/pallet jack.
- Maintain and organize all received pallets until product is ‘broken down’, removed and/or stored.
- Assist management in training, counseling, and motivating employees; assign and ensure work tasks are completed correctly and on time; serve as a departmental role model or mentor.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational quality.
- Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Reach, bend, twist, pull, and stoop; grasp, turn, and manipulate objects; move up and down stairs and/or service ramps; move, lift, or carry objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
How To Apply