Graduate Subsea 7: Graduate Engineer Vacancy
Subsea 7 works under the seven seas as an underwater engineering and construction problem solver. The world’s top subsea contractor for the oil and gas industry, Subsea 7 operates a fleet of more than 40 dynamically positioned (DP) vessels and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs) fitted to perform deepwater construction, pipe laying, and surveying functions. The company does business in many of the world’s major offshore oil production regions, including the North Sea, the Gulf of Mexico, and offshore Brazil, Singapore, and West Africa. In 2011 Subsea 7 acquired rival Acergy in a merger of equals, and the company then changed its name from Subsea 7 Inc., to Subsea 7 S.A.
The Job : Graduate Engineer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Nigerstar 7 is looking for graduate engineers to join the engineering department.
Under supervision, a Graduate Engineer assists more senior engineers to produce detailed engineering relevant to his/her area of specialism. The work scope may include supporting studies and tenders as well as live projects. The Graduate Engineer will participate in the Graduate Engineer Development Scheme (GEDS) involving off-the-job training, on-the-job development, mentoring and self-development. All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
Under direct supervision, produces engineering deliverables, which may include engineering support to DO, design calculations, specifications, procedures, analyses, progress reports, bid evaluations, study reports and 3rd-party submissions.
- Consolidates knowledge in areas of discipline engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice.
- Limited awareness of clients’ needs; addresses design parameters and problems; develops and implements solutions.
- Assists in the production of technical documentation.
- Makes effort to become aware of all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements.
- Participates in meetings/correspondence with Clients, subcontractors, 3rd parties, etc. in a junior capacity.
- Recognises the objectives for professional development.
- Adheres to the training requirements of the GEDS.
- Additional responsibilities/activities specific to the appropriate Engineering Centre may be added as applicable. For example: Participate in offshore assignments as required by project placement.
- Accept increasing responsibility as more experience is gained Actively seek and execute challenging work tasks Originate documents such as analysis reports, procedures, drawings, Change Control Forms, Dive plans etc.
- Act as company representative at such events as load tests, trial fit-ups etc. Carry out other duties of a Professional Engineer under the supervision and/or approval of a more senior Engineer.
- Prepare and present, Task Risk Assessments, HAZOPs etc. when assigned Prepare procedures and other documents to satisfy company and industry Health and Safety Standards
How To Apply