Full-time Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria: Policies & Processes Analyst Vacancy
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
The Job : Policies & Processes Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job ID: 569005
Job Function: Wealth Management
Full/Part Time: Full time
- To ensure error free pre processing activities are performed on client orders covering entire range of WM Investment Product Suite and furnish error free orders to process hubs for further processing for clients under RC Segments in Nigeria, through continual measurement & improvement in quality check standards.
- To perform call backs to clients to ensure the clients have been taken through product features & associated risks by the frontline & escalate to management miss-selling allegations if any that may arise.
- Execution of the day-to-day client instructions for the Wealth Management product suite with quality controls to ensure timely, robust checking of transactions and maintenance of sound operational controls to meet Group, Local / regulatory and internal requirements.
- Ensuring timely booking of deals by the hub (GBS Chennai) through periodic monitoring activities and timely identification, reporting & support resolution of documentation gaps if any.
- To ensure effective delivery of products and services to Investment Services customers
- Manage risk to minimize operational losses and maintain reputation of the bank at all times
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Be conversant with the current DOI and other policy documents guiding wealth management processes.
- Provide various monthly risk based reports to the WM Ops risk unit (Churning, call back, Error reports)
- Exercise due care and diligence in ensuring all anti-money laundering and KYC requirements are complied with.
- Review all socialisation reports from various Group audits, ensuring Nigeria is not in breach of any process policy.
- A clear understanding of the risk and compliance requirements of this role; understand and comply within the letter and spirit of all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Ensure error free deals are processed and booked in a timely manner.
- Notify RM/branches on documentations were errors are sighted.
- Quality checks on all investment transactions in-line with the current process and policies.
- Analyze and report weekly and monthly non financial business metrics
- Assist frontline on documentation/processing challenges.
- Pre-booking call backs, 100% on FIS and mutual funds; sample based call backs on wealth builder and T-bills based on the current Callback SOP.
- Close all documentation related inquiries/queries from supporting hubs or branches.
- Frontline training to introduce new policies and reiterate on the current policies.
Qualifications and Skills
- Clear understanding of the various product features and risk.
- Understand the process/policies that govern the documentation, callbacks and sales.
- An understanding of the booking and settlement process.
How To Apply