Full-time Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria: Credit Analyst Vacancy
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria – We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group’s people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture.
The Job : Credit Analyst
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Job ID: 569291
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Function: C & I Banking
Full/Part Time: Full time
Timely drafting of credit analysis as directed by the relevant Team Leader. Such analysis should be Insightful, Relevant and Succinct (see Job Purpose) and include the following, inter alia:
- Discussion of the dynamics and nature of the Client’s industry, including key risk aspects;
- Assessment of the Client’s competitive positioning within its industry;
- Discussion of management strength, experience and track record and corporate governance more broadly;
- Articulation of the Client’s strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks;
- Assessment of funding strategy, financial policy, treasury activity (hedging, cash management) and liquidity;
- Development of a current / forward year base forecast performance expectation;
- Assessment of balance sheet strength, alongside cashflow and profitability vulnerability, via ratio analysis and/or stress testing;
- Discussion of other pertinent risk aspects, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support, relative ranking of indebtedness;
- Evaluation of risks associated with particular proposed transactions, where required;
- Completion of Group Mandate/BCA Part 1, Part 2, financial analysis/spreads, scorecards;
- Ensure use of appropriate calculator in alignment with Credit Policy for relevant approvals (e.g. Raptor, Group Aggregation Calculator);
- Complete ESRA (Environment and Social Risk Assessment) Checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, complete Financial Markets Appropriateness and GWWR Attribute checklist;
- For Cat 2 lines, Credit Term Sheet updates based on RM/Risk/MDU feedback;
- Supporting business on structuring deals;
- Documentation support on credit aspects and working with CRC/LDU on BCA reworks;
- Testing and Monitoring Covenants & Risk Triggers;
- EAR & ASTAR reporting/updates to credit;
- Seek pre-approval endorsements(where applicable);
- Preparing country specific regulatory check-lists (where applicable);
- Credit stress testing
- CCC Certification
Preparation of other analysis as directed by the relevant Team Leader, such as Industry specific reviews, portfolio reviews, assessments of new prospects etc.
- In respect of Clients where the role-holder is assigned as analyst:
- Proactive monitoring of key entity or industry wide events and/or developments, as well as of covenants and risk triggers where applicable
- Partnering Relationship Managers in pursuing their client strategies through proactive idea generation, support in preparing materials for client discussion and through ensuring they are always fully briefed on key risk aspects
- Partnering Risk through clear presentation of credit analysis and proposed credit grading, as well as through proactive and considered discussion of key risk aspects
- Accompanying Relationship Managers on client visits, as part of general due diligence in respect of credit analysis
- Acting as a broader point of expertise in respect of credit aspects with Product and others across SCB
- Support CA Team Leaders and others in the team on ad hoc projects, strategic initiatives and exercises aimed at improving or enhancing the team’s activities
- Continually strive to share key relevant knowledge and learnings with others across the team
- Provide credit specific coaching to newer or less experienced members of the team
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Support the International Corporate team, Nigeria to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]*
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adhere to local regulator Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) prescribed responsibilities and Rationale for allocation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Embed Here for good and Group’s brand and values in International Corporate, Nigeria Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of credit risk
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment
- Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients
- Sound knowledge of accounting and financial principles gained by experience or qualification
- MBA or CFA qualifications advantageous, but not required
- Relevant language skills advantageous, but not required
- Analytical strength – to spot emerging risks, in particular forward looking industry trends.
- Gravitas – to engage with Relationship Managers and Clients alike, have the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
- Collaborative – to work in partnership with stakeholders to ‘get things done’, fulfilling the Job Purpose
- In compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption/exclusion will also be required.
How To Apply