Full-time Solutions Architect at Terragon Group
Terragon Group – We pride ourselves as a new Media business focused on Africa. We have built a strong competence across the new media ecosystem comprising mobile, online and content. Within digital we understand the interplay between content and platform and we have business verticals that deliver on both components of the digital world.
The Job : Solutions Architect
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Performs business analysis and elicit requirements for projects requested by the business, liaising with all business stakeholders including the project manager, other IT and/or technology teams, Terragon Group
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements and translate them intfunctional specifications.
- Researches and documents possible solutions for business requests, evaluating the possibilities of using off-the-shelf products, in-house developed products or outsourced tthird-parties, after consulting with all stakeholders. In the latter case, ensures that third-parties adhere tTerragon standards and are approved by Terragon Group where applicable;
- Selects, in collaboration with the project manager, business owner and Technical Architect, the best option and documents the final solution clearly and effectively tproduce detailed functional specifications that can be handed over tthe development team or selected third party;
- Participates in decision processes related tshared services design and build (e.g. databases and middleware) and internal tooling.
- Actively participates in internal and external project teams, representing the technology department;
- Undertakes tpromote teamwork and commitment with peers and other departments;
- Keeps up-to-date with industry developments, ensuring that best practice is adopted and seeks tincrease efficiency and effectiveness;
Technical / Professional Expertise:
- Ideal candidate will have a background in Linux administration
- Masters / Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience of hands-on experience developing distributed systems based on PHP, Java, C++, Python or .NET technologies.
- Great engineering skills and strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 3+ years experience building solutions and integrating systems in Banking environment
- Experience managing engineers in a high technical and complex operations environment.
- Ability tnavigate Banking environments both technical and business approvals
- Troubleshooting with common operating systems such as Linux and open source software applications.
- Self starter that can take on obscure requirements and figure out how best tmake them work
- Eager ttake on new things.
How To Apply
Applicants should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org