Full-time Solidarites International (SI): Watchman Vacancy
Solidarites International – For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization Solidarites International has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Job : Watchman
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Watchman monitors the Solidarités International premises in order to guarantee the security of all goods, equipment and personnel on his/her assignment area.
List of Principal Activities
- Ensure that doors to warehouse compound and rub halls are locked or padlocked
- Maintain sufficient lighting throughout the warehouse compound being monitored
- Ensure that all equipment at his/her disposal functions properly
- Record in the log book all trucks, vehicles that enter and leave the premises and their passengers, and the movements of people on foot.
- Check that at least one occupant of every Solidarités International vehicle is in possession of a means of communication
- Stand watch at the entrance door and patrol the specified zone in the whole warehouse compound.
- Write a service report after being relieved and a situation report whenever assuming duty
- Ensure constant radio monitoring / remain in constant contact.
- If necessary, sound the alarm using the means provided for this purpose
- If an incident occurs during service, inform the line manager immediately
- Even if a Watchman is asked to protect and secure goods, areas and people, under no circumstances may he/she use force or risk his/her life. If danger arises, they should use common sense to manage the situation in the best possible way
- Filter, monitor and organize the arrival and departure of people and goods affected by or in transit through his/her assignment area.
- Open the gate for vehicles and, if necessary, guide drivers entering and leaving the SI premises
- Activate and switch off the generator as needed or as specified by established procedure, and fill out the log book.
- Ensure that there is always a fuel reserve in the generator and check the oil level
- Maintain and clean the generator and make sure to fill the tank each morning and record in the log book.
- Insure that the water tanker is full and check regularly.
Organizational Chart Position (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Store Manager
- Line report(s) on base: –
- Functional manager: Store Manager
- Functional report(s)
- Minimum secondary school education
- Writing and reading local languages
- Basic knowledge of English language is an asset
- At least 2 years’ experience for similar position with other NGOs
Application Closing Date
4.00pm; 29th June, 2017.
How To Apply