Full-time Senior Customer Manager at Kimberly-Clark
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
The Job : Senior Customer Manager – North
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
To develop and implement customer business plans that will deliver budgeted turnover, profit, growth, share and innovation targets by category and /or brand within customer portfolio thereby contributing to the achievement of business objectives – both for national & GBA portfolios.
- Develop and implement a customer business plan that is aligned to the customer’s needs, KC business & GBA objectives , marketing and category plans and will deliver budgeted growth targets by category (to be done jointly with Customers where appropriate).
- National account manager to develop with the input of the regional account managers – track delivery against this plan nationally.Ensure strategic opportunities and objectives by Channel and by Category/brand are incorporated into the Customer Business plans.
- Support the BTA’s in the development of Customer specific Category /and or Shopper Marketing Strategies that are based on shopper insights – both nationally & for the GBA.Continually monitor and analyze competitor activity & pricing as well as customer performance against the agreed objectives and if required, develop and implement the appropriate corrective action to ensure that targets are achieved.
- Implement , monitor and evaluate agreed POP ( pricing, promotions , ranging, merchandisig) plans on a monthly basis.
- Communicate detail to the teams within and across GBA’s where appropriate.
- Ensures promotional grid is updated and communicated to the business as soon as any changes occur.
- Ensure all pricing is negotiated in line with KC and GBA objectives and said pricing is input correctly and timeously in SAP and in the customers pricing system .
- Ensure all claims are processed timeously. Recommend proposed allocations /jab orders for promotional activity and ensure these are implemented.Develop and agree (internally and externally) a cross- functional customer contact strategy based on the customers needs.
- Develop and communicate monthly, quarterly and annual reviews to customers.
- Support the innovation process by providing the Marketing & GBA teams with Customer specific information for input into the launch plans .Agree listing dates, distribution and volume targets, pricing, range and merchandising objectives for all NPD, communicate progress to KC stakeholders through the timeous updating of listing trackers and ensure the achievement of these targets.
- Liaise with the Marketing & GBA Teams to ensure trade presenters include all relevant information, as well as to develop a customer specific trade rationale for any category or brand innovation.
- Liaise with logistics, planning, debtors and field sales to ensure that the customers’ service needs are met.
- Monitor customer service levels ( order fill , case fill , credit notes, on-shelf availability) and develop corrective plans to address any issues. Negotiate and agree trading terms and pricing based on the business objectives and strategic importance of the Customer ( to include annual growth targets by category, promotional spend, payment terms, delivery allowances) – where applicable.
- National negotiations will be managed and negotiated by the account manager who owns the national account – regional account managers will support.
- Trading terms monitored proactively with the Customer and active management of the trading term process through the PPO process. Monitor pricing and trade promotional spend vs. budgets.
- Initiate and develop an effective working relationship with the GBA Field Teams to ensure that all activities are communicated and executed timeously & productively.Ensures all initiatives and processes are managed according to the agreed processes and procedures, in particular the management and control of pricing, advertising budgets and trading terms (overiders).
- Input into development of monthly GBA forecast by account by brand and SKU .Guides and develops skill base of Customer Managers + Customer Analyst + OTC Support Officer.Reviews the work of the Customer Manager.
- Tertiary Education (minimum 3year Degree/Diploma)
- At least 7 years selling and/or marketing experience, of which 3 years must have involved senior management level interaction within a company operating in FMCG market.
How To Apply