Full-time Secours Islamique France (SIF): Livelihood Officer Vacancy
Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization dedicated to alleviate the suffering of the poorest people. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and/or implementation of development programs.
The Job : Livelihood Officer
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Activity planning, implementation and follow-up
- Actively participate in project elaboration: needs assessments, beneficiary selection, proposal of actions.
- Directly participate in activity planning, implementation and follow-up. More specifically:
- Manage distribution activities (food items, seeds and fertilizers, shoats, cash grants and starter kits, others);
- Organize technical trainings for beneficiaries on crop and livestock production, Income-Generating Activities and Village Saving Loans Associations;
- Support the identification of main market-driven activities for women.
- Participate in planning/ progress review meetings with local authorities, community leaders, partners, working groups, etc.
- Inform immediately the FSL Programme Manager of any delay, conflict or problem during project implementation.
- Provide programmatic inputs to working groups and participate in the drafting of donor or ad-hoc reports.
- Support data collection/ monitoring/ evaluation and participate in the roll out of new tools/ processes for livelihood activities.
- Ensure supporting documentation is properly stored.
- Support improvement of SIF livelihood strategy by identifying challenges, solutions, success stories and new opportunities for programming.
- Human Resources & Finance, Logistics & Security
- Participate in the recruitment and management of the livelihood assistant and community mobilizers: induction briefing, planning, follow-up, capacity building, appraisals.
- Participate in the preparation of budget forecast and follow-up.
- Contribute to ensuring proper stock management for all equipment related to livelihood activities.
- Follow the evolution of security context on the field with relevant stakeholders and report to the FSL Programme Manager.
- The task list is neither exhaustive nor restrictive and is evolving according to the needs of the organization. Being an association with limited resources, versatility and flexibility are necessary in order to overcome any difficulty temporary and exceptional.
- The employee may be requested to perform other tasks in accordance with it job category, in case of need related to the functioning of the Association or to changes in its policy and it organization, and respecting the pattern of fixed-term contract.
- BSC or HND in Agronomy/ Agric economy, Economics, Business Management, Social Sciences or other related field with in-depth understanding of vulnerability issues in Nigeria.
- Minimum three years of professional work experience in humanitarian work, including in livelihood-centred approaches on poverty and vulnerability reduction.
- Proficiency and experience in planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities.
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English; ability to speak Hausa and/or Kanuri is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal, networking, communication, negotiation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively as an integral part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team, and with a wide range of government/ community counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Excellent computer skills including navigating email, internet and MS WORD and PowerPoint.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Leading: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with humanitarian principles and SIF values.
LOCATION / CONDITIONS
Position based in: Nigeria, Borno State, Ngala LGA (Gamboru/ Ngala)
Moves: Within Ngala LGA and to Maiduguri
3 Months with Possible Contract Renewal
How To Apply
Qualified Candidates should forward in their Cover letter and detailed CV to [email protected]islamique.org