Full-time Sales Director at Honeywell
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macrotrends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 129,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
The Job : Sales Director
Job Status: Full Time Job,Graduate/Exp
- Responsible for the performance and development of all sales activities in an assigned pole.
- Establishing and owning the plans and strategies aimed at serving and expanding the customer base in the pole
- Ensure the staffing of a sales team that achieves maximum profitability and growth in line with Honeywell’s vision and strategic objectives
- Ensure coordinated sales activities on pole strategic pursuits
- As a member of pole management coordinate activities with other functions and across regions to achieve overall business result
- Serve as a executive sponsor of Honeywell by maintaining customer contacts and relationships at senior levels in support of territory account managers and account strategies.
- Defined strategies and initiatives to attain growth in the pole
- Growth in the form of new customers and new opportunities at new or existing sites
- Revenue and margin above set quota in support of Annual Operating Plan
- Leadership and mentoring throughout the organization
- Executive sponsorship for select customers
- Accurate forecast of revenue and growth opportunities
- Uses internal and external relationships to accurately assess potential barriers, to allocate resources necessary for change initiatives, and to aid the pole sales teams to cross political boundaries; As an executive sponsor leverages relationships with the customer in support of local sales strategies
- Provides cross pole/region coordination of sales activities and manages resources to maximize results from identified sales opportunities;
- Ensure approved sales processes are followed and company procedures and systems are effectively deployed in the pole; Provide leadership for sales pursuits in pole level or large regional accounts;
- Manage the pole SUMMIT Account program;
- Lead pole growth initiatives, planning and sales forecasting processes;
- Monitors and tracks key sales performance metrics for the pole
- Industrial customers in the process industries; 20-30 Sales Managers; Internal resources and functions that interface with sales; Pole SUMMIT Account Managers
- Deploy and motivate a group of sales managers that deliver results; Attract, mentor, coach and develop team members in support of sales excellence; Manage and prioritize deployment of personnel and resources to match pole requirements; Provide strategic vision to the sales team;
- Effectively interact with other pole management to represent sales and to coordinate activities that affect sales
- Ten + years in industrial market sales
- Demonstrates strategic leadership and authority
- Experience maneuvering through complex political situations effectively and quietly
- Experienced in complex sales: including engaging early in the customer buying cycle at senior levels; building long-term strategic and executive relationships; team selling and opportunity planning
- Track record managing successful teams
- Experience planning, developing and executing sales campaigns or programs in specific markets or for specific products
- Direct sales, sales management, marketing and project management experience
- A demonstrated ability to motivate sales managers and others with drive and energy resulting in aggressive growth.
- Understands the value proposition of Honeywell and all the company has to offer
- Understands the strategic direction of Honeywell
- A well developed sense of the industry and market trends in their given territory
- From experience a good knowledge of our customers’ businesses and drivers
- Financial and business acumen
- Good knowledge of commercial terms, contract terms, etc.
- Exceptional knowledge of internal sales process and systems required to provide superb customer service
- Establish credibility and respect for self and Honeywell internally & externally
- Anticipate future trends accurately; learn quickly and think independently to adapt as required
- Push self and others to achieve bottom line results
- Manage and direct resources towards meeting clearly articulated account and territory growth objectives
- Judge the strengths and limitations of their team
- Prioritize and focus efforts on best opportunities (short and long term) based on business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Motivate others
- Mentors team members to assist in their growth, developing people in a performance based culture
- Decisive and consistent in resolving conflict
- Leadership: create, adapt and drive change
- Ability to work in High Growth region.
- Experience working in a matrix reporting environment.
How To Apply